Sign in to follow this  
WilloW_737

functionality of MD11 with CP Flight MCP?

Hi;I currently use the PMDG 737 series with hardware from CP Flight - namely the 737 MCP, EFIS and radio instruments.Does anyone know whether the MD11 software will sync with this hardware?Trying to dtermine this before I buy the MD11. Thank you, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

This is a quote from Lefteris Kalamaras formally of PMDG, Now Flightsim Lab's."As regards the CPFlight MCP driver(s): The MD11 FCP is sufficiently different from any Boeing-style MCP to not allow an "easy" transition for such hardware. At the same time, there's relatively little demand from users for such specialized drivers. As such, and while I can't promise something, I will say I will consider the idea if more CPFlight owners become vocal and request such a driver. To make sense financially, though, it would mean there would have to be >100 such users requesting it ;-)."

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Thanks for the note BigSky. I thought this maybe the case. Certainly, I have no intention of purchasing additional MCP hardware (Go Flight comes to mind) to ensure a hardware interface with the MD11.I have been spoilt using various harware setups and to revert back to the old mouse a screen game, is for me, not a good thought.Thanks again, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

Nice find Jim, Hopefully for the sake of the user, Mr.Lefteris Kalamaras frequents these forums and see's we have had atleast that many requests here. It's ashame though that he probably meant vocal to a specific location or directly to him.Just a thought Iain, the 737NGX will be released hopefully someday soon and it might work. If not, it may have an SDK to help easily make it work,,, if not, I'm sure since the sales will be thru the roof Mr.Lefteris Kalamaras will write a driver for it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

True Dan.When the 737NGX is released, that will be my cue to switch from FS9 to FSX - and a new computer.The MD11 looked like a fun aircarft to play with until then. Buit playing witha mouse and screen is painful after using hardware. Best, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

A nice cheap alternative and one that I love is Saiteks Radio Panel. Of course it's no MCP but gives me a lot for a little. I have it super glued to the bottom of my Saitek throttle quadrants so it's off the desk too. It works with all the PMDG products that I have, 747, MD11 & JS41 as well as every default AC and other payware AC that I have. No driver needed either (at least not that you need to install if using win 7). Click the image for full size:md11thumb.jpgI picked it up for about $100 on amazon and it does a ton for my simming. The only downfall is the knobs are crap but can be replaced with something from your local electronic store. It can do all the following:

• Com1
  • Com2
  • Nav1
  • Nav2
  • ADF
  • DME
  • XPDR

I use it every flight. Great for the lighter aircraft, but I use it with the PMDG too, mainly for handling my own communication and transponder. I use the DME also a lot.Again this is no MCP but the price it great and space too. It also saved me a few hundred bucks since I'll probably end up gutting it if I ever get back into cockpit building and will use the guts with my own switches via FSUIPC.The MD11 is my favorite FSX aircraft by far and as much fun as I know the NGX will be am quite content with it for a long time to come.Good luckEdit: It looks like Saitek has got more into simming than I knew. They also have this little guy for $120.00 on amazon that will give you the things the MCP has.Saitek MCPIt isn't the best looking thing, but it should more than hold you over. I just may get it (I can super glue it to the bottom of my Radio panel :()

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

A nice cheap alternative and one that I love is Saiteks Radio Panel. Of course it's no MCP but gives me a lot for a little. I have it super glued to the bottom of my Saitek throttle quadrants so it's off the desk too. It works with all the PMDG products that I have, 747, MD11 & JS41 as well as every default AC and other payware AC that I have. No driver needed either (at least not that you need to install if using win 7). Click the image for full size:md11thumb.jpgI picked it up for about $100 on amazon and it does a ton for my simming. The only downfall is the knobs are crap but can be replaced with something from your local electronic store. It can do all the following:
  • Com1
  • Com2
  • Nav1
  • Nav2
  • ADF
  • DME
  • XPDR

I use it every flight. Great for the lighter aircraft, but I use it with the PMDG too, mainly for handling my own communication and transponder. I use the DME also a lot.Again this is no MCP but the price it great and space too. It also saved me a few hundred bucks since I'll probably end up gutting it if I ever get back into cockpit building and will use the guts with my own switches via FSUIPC.The MD11 is my favorite FSX aircraft by far and as much fun as I know the NGX will be am quite content with it for a long time to come.Good luckEdit: It looks like Saitek has got more into simming than I knew. They also have this little guy for $120.00 on amazon that will give you the things the MCP has.Saitek MCPIt isn't the best looking thing, but it should more than hold you over. I just may get it (I can super glue it to the bottom of my Radio panel :()

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

HI Dan;Thanks for the information - interesting.On a side note, do you know if Go Flight instrumentation works with the MD11. I have some Go Flight NAV/COM instruments and a Go Flight MCP. The MCP is not the 737 type but the GA MCP.I'm wondering the standard Go Flight standard GA MCP will pick up the inputs from the MD11?http://bit.ly/bQxGVYThanks, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

I really don't know Iain, since I never tried them for myself. There have been several posts about them but for the life of me can't remember what the questions or end results were.

Dan Prunier

HI Dan;Thanks for the information - interesting.On a side note, do you know if Go Flight instrumentation works with the MD11. I have some Go Flight NAV/COM instruments and a Go Flight MCP. The MCP is not the 737 type but the GA MCP.I'm wondering the standard Go Flight standard GA MCP will pick up the inputs from the MD11?http://bit.ly/bQxGVYThanks, Iain
Hi Iain,The MD is also my best aircraft, for FSX as for FS9. I too have the GoFlight MCP - Advanced Autopilot but there's no way to let it communicate with the MD.PMDG has their own offset addresses which are unknown for users like us. If you don't have them, you can't link the MD-11 MCP to the GF module via FSUIPC, too pity :(Regards,

Hi Peter;That is a pity.You would have though PMDG would make available the inputs so 3rd world parties such as Go Flight can take advantage.I'll pass on the MD11 for the time being as I cannot use my hardware (which includes Go Flight hardware).If PMDG ever release the inputs and I can use standard hardware, then I'll part with my dollars and purchase the MD11.For me, NOT using a mouse to dial away on virtual guages is part of the flightsim experienceThanks for everyone's help, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

I have an issue with the Flight Sim Labs CPFlight MCPPro-X FSX Driver for the PMDG 747-400, Every time you make an imput,the simulation pauses,A no go item,as far as shelling out the money they want.From what I have read, PMDG and FSL are not communicating,(Bad Blood?)So don't get your hopes up.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I hate speculation,,, but, I don't know about bad blood, but I think there once was a driver (could have been for a different product though) but the person who wrote it no longer works for PMDG so they stopped making it available. Even back then they wanted to do something like an SDK and have been planning (hoping) to do one for a long time. The post I'm trying to remember is quite old so may have mixed up my brief history.

Dan Prunier

Post #1 in Flight Sim Labs Forum,"Is it normal?using your driver that FSX pauses momentarily every time I select a push button on the MCP? It is quite annoying. Or is it just me that has this problem? Thanks in advance. "Post #2,from Lefteris........Hello-no, that's not normal - can you tell us if you have the driver running under Window mode or full screen, and do you still have the driver dialog window open and/or possibly left the debug checkbox checked? Post #20,from Lefteris......."it's a known issue and it has to do with the polling nature of the PMDG software. Nothing much can be done on this end."Wow the term used car salesman comes to mind.