Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Better aircraft with Traffic2005?

Hi,I use FS9 with Traffic2005 which gives me plenty of traffic and I would not want to change it for anything else now. But when yu look at the big irons at an airport, the quality is not so good and lets down the look compared to some of the excellent airport add-ons we have been getting recently.Is there a way to change the 3D aircraft models for AI traffic but keep using the same texture sets and AI timetables? I know it may impact on FPS a little but to have AI aircraft that look almost as good as your own plane would make it look much more realistic?thanks

I think Traffic2005 is stuck as it is. I used it too for a few years, but have since dropped it in favour of a plethora of (free) World-of-AI packages. It's well worth checking out, and easy to install/maintain/update. You can also still get quite regular updates from their website, so it's very much alive, whereas Traffic2005 has traffic from... well 2005.

Thanks. Does World of AI offer really good 3D models of the planes or is it just liveries and schedules they update?
Yes the models are included and they're nicer than the Traffic2005 models in my opinion.

I take it you could run both at the same time and they would use their respective models?
You could... if you're happy with the performance. That's gonna be a lot of traffic!

Good idea. I'm sure you'll like the WOAI models :)

While this topic is active, I have a question too...Does anyone know how to update the flightplans for Traffic 2005? I always see the AIG and other flightplans regularly added to the avsim library, but I am unsure how to use these in traffic 2005. Has anyone done this? I looked in the Traffic 2005 folder inside FS, and the flightplans seem to be formatted different than normal. I don't really mind the semi-crummy looking planes, but It would be nice to update the flightplans....

Im not sure if this is the correct way but I go into the Flight Simulator 9\Traffic2005\Flight Plans and add extra lines to the individual fligth plans. then you have to go to the compiler and run it to add the data to the main traffic.bgl

Thanks for the reply, chickster. I am not sure that I want to add more lines, I would really like to simply replace the old flightplans with the newer, more accurate ones for whatever airlines AIG and others supply. I wish I knew an easy way.

Felix, you could always download the WOAI packages and if they are out of date, update those packages with the AIG flight plans for those out of date ones. Copying the aircraft data over from the WOAI files will put the proper aircraft into the new Trafficxxxx.bgl. Note, you have to decompile the Trafficxxxx.bgl with Traffic Tools to the editable text files then recompile with the new files with the updated aircraftxxxx.txt file.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

is there any easy way to remove Traffic2005 without uninstalling the whole program as I want to see what WOAI aircraft I have? At the moment my airports are quite crowded and its not as easy as I thought it would be to work out which traffic is from which program?

is there any easy way to remove Traffic2005 without uninstalling the whole program as I want to see what WOAI aircraft I have? At the moment my airports are quite crowded and its not as easy as I thought it would be to work out which traffic is from which program?
HiLook in your fs9/scenery/world/scenery folderThere will be lots of files that start with "traffic". The WOAI ones all have "WoA" in the name. The Traffic2005 file will be in there too, and it will probably be the biggest file as all the traffic for T2005 is in there, whereas the WOAI ones are split up into smaller ones. I don't remember the name of the Traffic2005 file but you should be able to identify it easily and just move it to your desktop or somewhere temporarily, or rename it so the extension is bak instead of bgl for example.Now the Traffic2005 traffic won't load up.While you're there, check that the file with the default FS9 traffic is disabled too, although you may have done this already with the Traffic2005 tools.