Sign in to follow this  
adamv66

CTR OVRD Fuel Pumps EICAS advisory

Hi all,I've just recently noticed on my long haul trips that when my center fuel tank runs dry and the fuel supply switches from CTR OVRD pumps to 2 & 4 OVRD pumps that I am not getting an EICAS advisory anymore (FUEL OVRD CTR L/R) - I'm sure I used to? If I check the overhead panel the yellow "press." light is illuminated in the switch but no EICAS message. I only mention as I now keep forgetting to turn off the CTR OVRD pumps when the tank is dry...!Is anyone able to confirm that this EICAS advisory does come up as I'm sure it used to? If I switch the CTR OVRD pumps off and then back on again when the tank is empty then I do get the message FUEL OVRD CTR L/R on the EICAS, it just isn't showing when the tanks initially run dry.... I'm running FS9 on Windows 7 64bit.Thanks to any who can assist!Adam

I can't recall if the new logic was incorporated into the PMDG 744 (post-TWA centre tank explosion), but, according to recent real world manuals, this is the logic for the CWT messages:""FUEL PRESS CTR L/R" Caution (with beeper)- if "FUEL PRESS CTR L/R" message isdisplayed for 60 seconds, OR-low pump pressure detected when pump activated">FUEL LOW CTR L/R" Advisory-CWT < 7,700Kg before start with pump switchesON, OR-CWT approx. 3,200Kg in climb with pumpsswitches ON, OR-CWT quantity approx 1,300Kg in cruise withpump switches ON">FUEL OVD CTR" Advisory-CWT greater than or equal to 7,700Kg on groundwith CWT pump switch off, OR -CWT quantity 1,800Kg or more in cruise with CWTpump switch offCrew procedure is to switch off pumps manually with CWT fuel less than 7,700Kg"So, you should be getting "">FUEL LOW CTR L/R" Advisory" first, then, if this is ignored, "FUEL PRESS CTR L/R" Caution (with beeper) and the overhead pressure lights (and synoptic symbols turning yellow).Sorry, it doesn't really answer your question.CheersQ>