Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

The meaning of available memory

My lastest flight computer is still having OOM errors. An error msg says that it is out of AVAILABLE memory. This computer has 4 GB of memory and the Devise Mgr/Hardware says that it has 1.5 GB of AVAILABLE memory. Some questions PLEASE if you can answer them.1. If the computer has 4 GB of memory why does it only have 1.5 GB of available memory ? 2. Can this amount of 1.5 available memory be increased? How?3. Where is this available memory stored and is it only used or used UP?4. If it's used up where does it go?5. If I doubled or tripled the amount of "regular" memory to say, 8 or 12 GB of memory would the amount of available memory also go up? By how much?6. When I'm flying along is there a "gauge" some where that will tell me how much of the available memory that remains in the availabe memory file or folder or where ever it is kept ? Please answer what you can. Thanks jerrycwo4

My lastest flight computer is still having OOM errors. An error msg says that it is out of AVAILABLE memory. This computer has 4 GB of memory and the Devise Mgr/Hardware says that it has 1.5 GB of AVAILABLE memory. Some questions PLEASE if you can answer them.1. If the computer has 4 GB of memory why does it only have 1.5 GB of available memory ? 2. Can this amount of 1.5 available memory be increased? How?3. Where is this available memory stored and is it only used or used UP?4. If it's used up where does it go?5. If I doubled or tripled the amount of "regular" memory to say, 8 or 12 GB of memory would the amount of available memory also go up? By how much?6. When I'm flying along is there a "gauge" some where that will tell me how much of the available memory that remains in the availabe memory file or folder or where ever it is kept ? Please answer what you can. Thanks jerrycwo4
http://www.howstuffworks.com/ram.htm

Guest belga1

Hello,This is a full bucket of posts here and on Flightsim.com forum(s) about your problem.Make some searches about ...You have enough memory .. but certainly you have a "memory leak" caused by some files in your flightsim.(can be scenery-AI .. etc ..)So .. your memory is "eaten" along the time ...You can add how many memory you can .. after sometime you will have the same error returning .....AFAIKRegards.bye.gifGus.

Gus, To the best of my knowlegde, my OOM problems started AFTER installing UT2004 for the USA/Canada/Alaska. Is there a way to be certain that this is the problem, or how do you find out what "program" is causing the problem and is there a patch or fix for it? How did you others find your memory leak? Thanks jerrycwo4

Gus, To the best of my knowlegde, my OOM problems started AFTER installing UT2004 for the USA/Canada/Alaska. Is there a way to be certain that this is the problem, or how do you find out what "program" is causing the problem and is there a patch or fix for it? How did you others find your memory leak? Thanks jerrycwo4
Hello JerryAre you using XP64 or 32 ?If XP32 have you edited your boot.ini and marked the FS9.exe as large address aware ?If XP64 have you marked the FS9.exe as large address aware ?The UT forum is :http://www.simforums.com/forums/support-for-all-the-ultimate-series-of-terrain-products_forum19.htmlThe available patches are here:http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FS9.html

Thanks for the info but I'll have to plead the 5th here. I dont have a clue what you are talking about. My computer is running Windows XP Pro [32 bit]. Is there a setting I need to change? If so what is it, where is it and what should it be change to? Thanks for your help. jerrycwo4