Sign in to follow this  
tex1763

Doubled navaids and odd frequencies in fs9 map and gps

Hi , everybody, I'm looking for a help because I'm getting mad about this strange issue.In the default GPS and in the map view of Fs9, I found a doubled couple of navaids near Milano Linate Airport, LIN VOR and LIN NDB.One lies in the correct position and the other is about 10 nM south-west fo the airport, with same frequencies.This causes wrong procedures and missed approaches , depending of the direction the aircraft comes from, because I get the wrong VOR before the right one.I decompiled and examined the NV9EURW0.BGL file which is supposed to contain all western europe navaids, but I found in it only the correct couple of LIN VOR and NDB in the right geographical position.I also examined both the add-on scenery of Linate LIML and the default stock airport with Afcad and Airport Design Editor, but it seems there's nothing wrong with them.Since I have also some other odd situations with navaids which I can't understand, I would like to know if there is another file where the GPS and the map view take the data they show up, and which is the procedure to fix errors. Thanks for any suggestion

Hi,Try deactivating all of your addon scenery (including the Addon Scenery layer) in the Scenery Library (just uncheck them) and then restart FS. Is it fixed now? If so, one of those is adding your incorrect navaids.Hope this helps,

I think maybe two possibilities.One is for NDBs. There are "route" NDBs and "terminal" NDBs defined in FS data. The terminal ones I guess are intended as compass locators at outer marker. These often have single letters ident (esp outside the US) so by making them "terminal" they are tied to a specific airport and hence the ident being the same isn't an issue. So for NDBs the possibility is that one is terminal and one is route, the extra being introduced in some scenery update (AFCAD or AFCAD-like).Alternative, both for NDB and VOR, is that a scenery update put one in with a wrong or missing region code. I think map/gps will treat two navaids with same ident but different region as unique and show both.scott s..