Sign in to follow this  
TomEDDW

744 low framerates

Hello everyone!Got one question to the professionals out there.While flying the MD11 i get very good performance with about 60 +/- frames when using window views.I purchased the 744 some days ago and i get poor framerates and microstutters while using the same views as the MD11.The 744F seems to be worse than the 744.Does anyone know this problem or maybe any solution for this?Thank you very much in advantage!Thomas

The "problem" is that the 744 was produced with the use of some certain (older) coding, while the MD11 was produced using better optimisation tools and coding. It is quite obvious -at least with the PMDG products- that although they become more and more complex, at the same time they are more effective as regards performance.

George stated it perfectly, but I wanted to also add you can see the difference in the way the FPS improve with their more recent release of the -8. As for 60+ frames with the MD-11 :( that is pretty great. I only see that at cruise (as I do with the queen at cruise). I look forward to the NGX since it's based on newer coding, but while we wait for that I highly recommend the -8 expansion.I can't speak for the difference with the cargos since I have only loaded them up to test my liveries.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ok, thanks for the replies!One thing is, that the 744 ran at higher FPS on my older Computer that she did on my new machine.What can cause this?Thomas

Ok, thanks for the replies!One thing is, that the 744 ran at higher FPS on my older Computer that she did on my new machine.What can cause this?Thomas
Try the usual tricks, defrag your drives, clean out the temp files, also check out the ******* tweaks if you have not done so. Some real peformance gains to be found using those.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Ok! I'll try that.What are those ******* tweaks and where can they be found?Thank You!Tom