Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

The Ultimate Airliners - Super 80 OR FlyTheMaddog

Hi,I´m confuse about these two models,in your opinion what´s the best for the FS9.Thanx in advanceHamilton

Hamilton Müller

It depends on what you are looking for. Both are excellent addons. I bought the Flight1/Coolsky MD in its very early dates and liked it. It looks good from the inside out. I recently bought the Maddog 2010 and it is arguably the most extensively simulated airliner for FS ever. I'm very much into in-depth system simulation but even so I doubt I'd ever be proficient with this addon. Flight1's rendition is probably the winner in the visual department, especially VC. The maddog 2010 though is in a class of its own in terms of simulation. This is not to say that flight1 MD is lite and incomplete. It's a complex sim in its own right. It's just the maddog team set out to achieve an insane level of complexity and years later they got there.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Hi,I´m confuse about these two models,in your opinion what´s the best for the FS9.Thanx in advanceHamilton
Leonardo's Maddog MD80 is one of the most realistic airliners simulations you can get for FS. Ultimate Airliners (Flight1) is more toned down and geared towards the average user. That being said another difference is one has a glass cockpit with an FMC (Leonardo) which for me is easy to use and the other (Ultimate Airliners) is the first generation MD80 with steam gauges and no FMC. Pick your poison... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

(Ultimate Airliners) is the first generation MD80 with steam gauges and no FMC.
They have both.On that note, Maddog offers the traditional steam gauge MD as well, plus the option for Canadian Marconi FMC besides Honeywell. The catch is all these offerings are in 2D panel only.

Jason

Leonardo Maddog is by far my favorite simulation for fs9. Its systems simulation is in my opinion second to none. However like any software it does have some bugs and minor issues. But still the best.

Hi,Thanx for all answers,I´m looking for a deep and realistic model (FDE) and systems,I don´t care about exterior or passenger view,wing view,etc.just a realistic or closest as possible to the real MD.Rgds,Hamilton Müller

Hamilton Müller

They have both.On that note, Maddog offers the traditional steam gauge MD as well, plus the option for Canadian Marconi FMC besides Honeywell. The catch is all these offerings are in 2D panel only.
I thought we were talking about FS9 add-ons. Either I need to load mine back up and check it or I missed something here. The Maddog offered by Flight1 that's the same series as Leonardo's MD80 is only for FSX.
Hi,Thanx for all answers,I´m looking for a deep and realistic model (FDE) and systems,I don´t care about exterior or passenger view,wing view,etc.just a realistic or closest as possible to the real MD.Rgds,Hamilton Müller
Leonardo's MD80, if your out for the best of the best (FDE or anything) this is the one to go for.http://www.flythemaddog.com/

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I thought we were talking about FS9 add-ons.
You were right. the FS9 version is steam gauges only.

Jason

IMHO there is no comparison. LSH Maddog 2010 wins hands down, no problem

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I agree. I just have one problem with it. Its nav database. I always get "not in database " message in the FMC, eventhough I downloaded the PMDG AIRAC.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Same here. And YES I have both products for FS9...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I agree. I just have one problem with it. Its nav database. I always get "not in database " message in the FMC, eventhough I downloaded the PMDG AIRAC.
Sounds like the AIRAC files aren't where they are supposed to be for the maddog?

Jason