Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simba

Overclocking Guide?

I have a AMD Phenom II X2 555 processor and recently installed FSX. I get very good frames with sliders medium to high and all the default aircraft. I recently bought my first FSX add-on the Carenado caravan and my fps dropped into the 18-20 range. I would like to learn how to overclock my cpu and have never done it. I know I need to upgrade a cooler but anyone have any good guides on how to overclock this processor?

Try this:http://www.tomshardw...ium,2366-6.htmlOr for fun (please take no offence ;-) :http://www.lmgtfy.co...rclocking+guide

The Core i3 fan club. FSX/gaming rig: Core i3-540 @ 4.3ghz, Gigabyte H55M-UD2H motherboard, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus cooler, MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ "stock", 2x 2GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 RAM, OCZ Solid 2 60GB SSD, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint HD, Win 7 ultimate 64-bit, 23" Dell IPS monitor @ 1080p, Antec Neo 550W PSU, Antec 300 case, Logitech MX518 mouse

Pretty funny link, actually I have searched around on the internet, cant find alot of info on the 555 processor.

Glad you liked it  :smile:I find that looking for guides for a family of processors works. In my case I used a generic Core i3/i5/i7 guide. The principles are largely the same. And then if you can't find any good numbers for your particular processor, publish yours and be the first!

The Core i3 fan club. FSX/gaming rig: Core i3-540 @ 4.3ghz, Gigabyte H55M-UD2H motherboard, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus cooler, MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ "stock", 2x 2GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3-1333 RAM, OCZ Solid 2 60GB SSD, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint HD, Win 7 ultimate 64-bit, 23" Dell IPS monitor @ 1080p, Antec Neo 550W PSU, Antec 300 case, Logitech MX518 mouse