Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

TrackIR for FSX using one monitor?

Hello all, I use one 24" monitor, and have been considering buying TrackIR. It just seems a bit weird having to turn my head but keeping my eyeballs straight to the monitor to have a look at the side windows. What is everyone's experiences with using one monitor with TrackIR?

Hello all, I use one 24" monitor, and have been considering buying TrackIR. It just seems a bit weird having to turn my head but keeping my eyeballs straight to the monitor to have a look at the side windows. What is everyone's experiences with using one monitor with TrackIR?
HelloYou do not need to turn your head very far, only an inch or two to pan right around the cockpit.You will barly notice the head movement.

Thanks for the response.Is there anyone out there that feels TrackIR is more of a hassle than anything when using one monitor?

Go buy it you won't regret it and you'll soon get used to it. It's not as odd as you think in fact it only sounds odd the way you say it. In practise its a "Walk in the park" but take time to read the manual and set it up.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hi I use TIR 5 with the clip pro on a tiny 19in 5:4 LCD monitor. Love it.edit: oh and once you buy it, go to their forum and download a profile called "Seth-flight" - it will save you some initial headaches

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just buy it. Best money I ever spent.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I use TIR4 with a 24 inch monitor and EZDOK.FSX has never been more enjoyable and immersive. You will not be disappointed.Alex C

.... wouldn't fly any other way. It's the number one way when flying with a VC, and is a MUST for aerobatics - or just plain gawking at the OrbX PNW scenery!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I look at Trackir as an alternate to multiple monitors to achieve a wider angle of view. I only use another monitor for other views such as GPS, communications, etc. What I really like about Trackir is that you can lock the view with a simple key/button press if your head movement is causing problems (which it sometimes can) and it is completely configurable to your own preferences.

Art

I have Track IR with a 40 inch monitor three and a half feet away at the end of my desk, and I have to tell you, it will give you goosebumps as to how real it is - total immersion! Would not fly without it.Kind regards,Stephen

You'd have to have several really wide-screen monitors to come close to the feeling of immersion and the angle of view that a TrackIR is capable of. It seems counter-intuitive when you first read about it, but once you get used to TIR, you won't fly any other way.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Yeah, the idea of having to keep your eyes fixed on the monitor while turning your head sounds odd and weird and not natural, but believe me, in a minute or two you just don't notice it anymore and looking around on FSX feels COMPLETELY natural. It's the best thing you can buy for FSX. I rather fly FSX without a decent controller than without TrackIR (honestly). ;)And btw the way you ask it seems to imply that you think TrackIR is meant for use with multiple monitors, but it's really the other way around: with multiple monitors (a lot of them) you might not need TrackIR as much as you do with a single monitor.Go get it: it will change your simworld forever. The immersion factor goes up with about 956%. :(

The best and most useful hardware that was ever designed for Flightsim.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just takes a little getting used to.
Yup, roughly about 10 minutes, lol.Buy it, money well spent, trust me.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |