Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

TrackIR for FSX using one monitor?

Thanks for the responses fellas. I received the package today and I'm having a hard time configuring it for FSX, it works and all, but I can't zoom as close to the gauges as I would like to, I can't look as far left as I could right, and I don't know how to scale my motions so that I don't have to turn my neck as much, I also don't know how to pan with trackir. Yeesh, where can I find some info?

A tip. Performance is affected by where you have the sensor and what profile you use. I have my sensor perhaps 10 inches behind the monitor and 6 inches above it on a convenient shelf. I find that it works better here than clipped to the monitor itself. I have the centering keystroke set to a joystick button so I can get to it if I need to reset the view. I use EZDOK as well but mainly for the vibration it adds. I also use the 'optimised flight' profile with my TrackIR, downloaded from the NaturalPoint site. Since I have an old Track IR3, you might find that this profile doesn't work with the newer model.Hope that helps,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Thanks for the responses fellas. I received the package today and I'm having a hard time configuring it for FSX, it works and all, but I can't zoom as close to the gauges as I would like to, I can't look as far left as I could right, and I don't know how to scale my motions so that I don't have to turn my neck as much, I also don't know how to pan with trackir. Yeesh, where can I find some info?
First off, assign a couple of buttons on your controller to the "Center" and "Pause" functions of TrackIR. To look further in any direction than you can normally see with the normal "center" position,simply look in the OPPOSITE direction and hit your "Center" button. You can then "see farther"in the opposite direction.The same holds true for getting closer...mover your head BACK and hit "Center". You can thenmove closer to the gauges.To return to "normal" viewing just look straight ahead and hit "Center".These little actions become second nature in no time at all.Use the "Pause" button when adjusting radio settings or other switch functionsin the VC. Just look at the control you want to operate, hit "Pause" make theadjustment and hit "Pause" again to return to normal.If you are in a sun-lit room, insure that there are NO "spotsd" of sunlight shiningon objects behind you as TIR will not be able to function properly.Use the "Tracking" view of the TIR window to see if there are any rogue spotsof light being seen by the TIR sensor if your setup starts acting strange.Once you get used to using the "Center" and "Pause" buttons, those actionsI noted above will become automatic.I absolutely endorse TrackIR for adding another level of "realism" toto the simming environment. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thanks all for the responses. I really do appreciate it, I'm slowly trying to wrap my head around this. :-) [EDIT] Nevermind, had a bunch of questions but I figured it out. Happy simmer here.

If you don't have EZCA, order it right away. It adds a great deal of effects that you will love.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.