Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

QW 757

I searched and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. So here it goes. I am very intrigued with the Quality wings 757. I am well aware that it doesn't have the same systems fidelity as level-d or PMDG. However, I would like to hope that it does offer the systems fidelity level that would be equal to the feelthere's erj 135-145v2 aircraft. This means that every system that would be used as per normal SOPs would be simulated. Electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics and the likes. I am not looking for a fully functional failure generator. Also how much functionality does the FMC have? Would I be able to input routes with airways STARs, SIDs and approaches? Hw is the AP? VNAV,LNAV,FLCH: Does it have all these without any major quirks? I would buy the CS plane but for some reason after buying their 767, I am not sure it would be any different bug wise. The auto throttles do nothing in terms of matching EPR or N1. I figured of the 767 cant do this, the 757 wouldn't be able to either. How does the auto throttle compare on the QW757? If it says hold 88% N1, Doe sit hold that or does it totally overshoot the limit?Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the 767 but that problem is unacceptable for such a major system.Thanks for everyone's time.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

INHO it is well worth the price but it may be slightly lighter than you are looking for. I would ask the same question over at the QW forums.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

INHO it is well worth the price but it may be slightly lighter than you are looking for. I would ask the same question over at the QW forums.
How much is slightly? :( What systems do you have contact with throughout the flight if you don't mind me asking?

Matt kubanda

How much is slightly? :( What systems do you have contact with throughout the flight if you don't mind me asking?
Honestly, I am the wrong person to ask. I take a lot of short cuts and they have tried to model the product to appeal to as many as possible.Post a list of what you want in their forum and they will let you know what is modeled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

You can download the manual from their site and see exactly what you get for the money, before you spend any.

Jay

You can download the manual from their site and see exactly what you get for the money, before you spend any.
oh wow that's quite intuitive

Matt kubanda

I'm also looking at The QW 757,but you should know as of yet it is not a true FSX model.But that is suposed to change.

<br />I searched and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. So here it goes.  <br /><br />I am very intrigued with the Quality wings 757. I am well aware that it doesn't have the same systems fidelity as level-d or PMDG. However, I would like to hope that it does offer the systems fidelity level that would be equal to the feelthere's erj 135-145v2 aircraft. This means that every system that would be used as per normal SOPs would be simulated. Electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics and the likes. I am not looking for a fully functional failure generator. <br /><br />Also how much functionality does the FMC have? Would I be able to input routes with airways STARs, SIDs and approaches? Hw is the AP? VNAV,LNAV,FLCH: Does it have all these without any major quirks? <br /><br />I would buy the CS plane but for some reason after buying their 767, I am not sure it would be any different bug wise. The auto throttles do nothing in terms of matching EPR or N1. I figured of the 767 cant do this, the 757 wouldn't be able to either. How does the auto throttle compare on the QW757? If it says hold 88% N1, Doe sit hold that or does it totally overshoot the limit?<br /><br />Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the 767 but that problem is unacceptable for such a major system.<br /><br /><br />Thanks for everyone's time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />I just want to add that I bought the cs757 during their sale, but up to this day I haven't been able to fly the thing! It won't obey the fmc, hold, etc.

Guest wims
<br /><br /><br />I just want to add that I bought the cs757 during their sale, but up to this day I haven't been able to fly the thing! It won't obey the fmc, hold, etc.
Delete FSUIPC files from your modules directory, then reinstall FSUIPC.

I'm also looking at The QW 757,but you should know as of yet it is not a true FSX model.But that is suposed to change.
Agreed and hopefully soon.

Eric 

I searched and couldn't find the answer I was looking for. So here it goes. I am very intrigued with the Quality wings 757. I am well aware that it doesn't have the same systems fidelity as level-d or PMDG. However, I would like to hope that it does offer the systems fidelity level that would be equal to the feelthere's erj 135-145v2 aircraft. This means that every system that would be used as per normal SOPs would be simulated. Electrics, hydraulics, pneumatics and the likes. I am not looking for a fully functional failure generator. Also how much functionality does the FMC have? Would I be able to input routes with airways STARs, SIDs and approaches? Hw is the AP? VNAV,LNAV,FLCH: Does it have all these without any major quirks? I would buy the CS plane but for some reason after buying their 767, I am not sure it would be any different bug wise. The auto throttles do nothing in terms of matching EPR or N1. I figured of the 767 cant do this, the 757 wouldn't be able to either. How does the auto throttle compare on the QW757? If it says hold 88% N1, Doe sit hold that or does it totally overshoot the limit?Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the 767 but that problem is unacceptable for such a major system.Thanks for everyone's time.
Hi Matt,Thanks for your interest in our product. We have been very upfront with our customers about what to expect as far as systems simulations go. You have to right idea, it isn't a full level simulation, but more of a middle level sim.So in other words, all major systems are modeled for complete automated flight with the exceptions of failures.Regarding your question about the FMS, it is slightly simplified in certain areas but not in function. For example instead of manually entering vspeeds, they will automatically calculate for you based on your weight and flap configuration. Cost Indexes, Holding Patterns, Entering SIDs, STARS, Airways, ILS, RNAV and VOR approaches can all be entered with our FMC. We are supported by Navigraph so AIRAC updates are available through them. By default the product comes with AIRAC 1006 installed. Also VNAV, LNAV and Flight Level Change are all modeled and function as they should.The autothrottles work without an issue on our aircraft, 757 uses the EPR hold function for takeoff and fully functional Thrust Mode Select Panel is modeled. With the TMSP you can select derated takeoffs, climb, cruise and continuous modes as well.Feel free drop by our website and forum, we currently provide the manual to anybody free of charge... which goes even more in depth about the products features.The team is currently working on hard and FSX native models for SP2 which should be out shortly. The product works flawlessly in FSX and isn't as simple as just a portover... just expect a much better FSX experience come SP2.Hope that answered any questions you had.Regards,Emil

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Hi Matt,Thanks for your interest in our product. We have been very upfront with our customers about what to expect as far as systems simulations go. You have to right idea, it isn't a full level simulation, but more of a middle level sim.So in other words, all major systems are modeled for complete automated flight with the exceptions of failures.Regarding your question about the FMS, it is slightly simplified in certain areas but not in function. For example instead of manually entering a vspeeds, they will automatically calculate for you based on your weight and flap configuration. Cost Indexes, Holding Patterns, Entering SIDs, STARS, Airways, ILS RNAV and VOR approaches can all be entered with our FMC. We are supported by Navigraph so AIRAC updates are available through them. By default the product comes with AIRAC 1006 installed. Also VNAV, LNAV and Flight Level Change are all modeled and function as they should.The autothrottles work with an issue on our aircraft, 757 uses the EPR hold function for takeoff and fully functional Thrust Mode Select Panel is modeled. With the TMSP you can select derated takeoffs, climb, cruise and continuous modes as well.Feel free drop by our website and forum, we currently provide the manual to anybody free of charge... which goes even more in depth about the products features.The team is currently working on hard and FSX native models for SP2 which should be out shortly. The product works flawlessly in FSX and isn't as simple as just a portover... just expect a much better FSX experience come SP2.Hope that answered any questions you had.Regards,Emil
A classy product, I must add.Thanks QWings ;-)Cheers

Guest 413X3

Looking forward to SP2 I really love the airplane. Now that I have tweaked FSX good enough to run on my system I will be flying her more!

Delete FSUIPC files from your modules directory, then reinstall FSUIPC.
Got some control back by doing this but it's still un-flyable.

Compared to the CS 757 it's a DX9 only model, offers more variants and the retrofit cockpits, but looses on system details and might need some more service pack to come clean.You'll get the more advanced and functional FMC in the CS but the variants are the things you have to pay for additionally there.The other guy with the CS problems: looks like an invitation to the support system for me. Can't complain about functionality so far when running version 4.4.