Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What Sims do we all use?

181 members have voted

1. 1. What simulators do we all use these days?

• FS9
    • FSX
    • FS9/FSX (Dual User)
    • X-Plane

Based on the other forum polls it's been suggested we put everything in one poll and see what people use mostly in the community these days. I still would like to know the ratio of dual users versus single sim users. I believe I have my answer based on the other polls which is 20% but many believe those results were skewed..

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

In the right direction, but not everyone in the FS2004 or FSX forums read Hangar Chat, so you really need a post preferably pinned, in each of those forums (X-Plane as well) for a period of time, directing them to this poll, if you want the most accurate results poosible.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

In the right direction, but not everyone in the FS2004 or FSX forums read Hangar Chat, so you really need a post preferably pinned, in each of those forums (X-Plane as well) for a period of time, directing them to this poll, if you want the most accurate results poosible.
Also need the ability to vote for multiple sims-e.g. fs9 and fsx or fsx and xplane.

The question that remains is for which FS would you actually buy add-ons for, FS9, FSX, both or none. That has been the argument recently with people wanting new add-ons for FS9 while add-on developers have moved away from it. There have been people who stated that they would buy for FS9, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Also need the ability to vote for multiple sims-e.g. fs9 and fsx or fsx and xplane.
+1

The question that remains is for which FS would you actually buy add-ons for, FS9, FSX, both or none. That has been the argument recently with people wanting new add-ons for FS9 while add-on developers have moved away from it. There have been people who stated that they would buy for FS9, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will.
I can't do this again unless one of the Mod's open/unlocks the poll again for me to edit it. Anyway it's a given around here that whatever people are using the most is what they'll spend their money on. I think we can get a good picture with this poll.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest SJD

Since we're not able to vote for more than one title, I cast a vote for X-Plane as that gets the bulk of my flight sim time. But I do still use others, notably FSX. If the purpose of the poll is to find out what platform people would buy add-ons for, I would vote for both X-Plane and FSX.

Guest simmer9304

I'd say close the two polls in the FS9 and FSX forums or make them a link to this one...Also, before somebody jumps on poll saying that it truly reveals FS9 is the immortal sim, there are so many false-positive factors here. As of now I believe that FS9 has more votes because the core group of FS9 users are generally long time flight simmers who use the forums daily and don't just browse their sims forum then screenshots and head on their way. They probably take a route similar to mine of going to Hangar Chat (oh hey a poll...), then the FS9 forum, then FSX, then hardware, then developer forums, and then screenshots. I'd venture to say the FSX-only user group is probably a good bit newer on average and if they visit the forums they'll stop by the FSX forum and maybe vote there. Remember, data is a lot more than some numbers!

I'd say close the two polls in the FS9 and FSX forums or make them a link to this one...Also, before somebody jumps on poll saying that it truly reveals FS9 is the immortal sim, there are so many false-positive factors here. As of now I believe that FS9 has more votes because the core group of FS9 users are generally long time flight simmers who use the forums daily and don't just browse their sims forum then screenshots and head on their way. They probably take a route similar to mine of going to Hangar Chat (oh hey a poll...), then the FS9 forum, then FSX, then hardware, then developer forums, and then screenshots. I'd venture to say the FSX-only user group is probably a good bit newer on average and if they visit the forums they'll stop by the FSX forum and maybe vote there. Remember, data is a lot more than some numbers!
I agree, if you are going to do this, both existing polls in the FSX and FS2004 forum, needs to be closed and locked, and people directed to re vote here. As it is now the data is muddled.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi,Is this just for MS stuff? (Is X-Plane MS? See how little I know...)My simming's split about 50 / 50 between FS9 and Flight Unlimited 3. Can't buy anything for FU3 but it still gets a big slice of my attention...Regards,D

Seeing this is AVSIM and AVSIM mostly deals with FLIGHTSIMS and the choices are FLIGHTSIMS, I think that most people will be able to figure out how to vote!

Im An fs9er all the way.

This should be specified as "Flight Sims" and not just "Sims", unless you want me to list every simulator I play...
You must be kidding right?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.