Sign in to follow this  
Guest MalcolmDavidson

Request for Paintkit

Guest MalcolmDavidson

I am humbly asking if there is any more news on a paintkit for the 400LCF as there was an indication that there may be one dependant on asking some other people.Best RegardsMalcolm Davidson

Still awaiting a response on this from Boeing - they can be very slow with requests like this, sorry. Has to go through an army of lawyers up there...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest MalcolmDavidson

I certainly dont mean to sound negative, but it's not exactly a precedent with you guys doing the previous 400, F, 8i and 8F models. But I can understand the legality of it all. Best RegardsMalcolm Davidson

Guest Cag40Navy

We still waiting on Boeing?

Why the need for a paintkit?The only reason for my question is, there is only one livery. I mean other than the green puke looking color of the first one that they used until they painted it, they only have one. And besides, they only have 4 planes. In the effort of realism, it wouldnt really make sense to make new liveries......AHHH im just rambling, sorry I dont mean to offend or step on any toes. Am I being an &@($*..........Sorry, I dont mean to be........really

Why the need for a paintkit?The only reason for my question is, there is only one livery. I mean other than the green puke looking color of the first one that they used until they painted it, they only have one. And besides, they only have 4 planes. In the effort of realism, it wouldnt really make sense to make new liveries......AHHH im just rambling, sorry I dont mean to offend or step on any toes. Am I being an &@($*..........Sorry, I dont mean to be........really
No, you're not an &@($*. How could you possibly know that I've got my own imaginary enterprise that handles odd jobs - passenger or cargo charters - going to the places I want to see in the aircraft I want to fly (how convenient). We're looking to expand into the "Just In Time" aircraft subassembly delivery business ;)

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Guest C4N

I am going to dust off the thread and see if there is an update on a paintkit for this birdy...

Just purcahse the 777x, love it but still awaiting for the LCF paintkit. I know it not as easy as it look but the LCF already starts to look like it's being abandoned, sorry to use such words but it is really how I feel now.

Still awaiting a response on this from Boeing - they can be very slow with requests like this, sorry. Has to go through an army of lawyers up there...

My guess is they're concerned that a virtual LCF paintkit may create the misconception that the Real 747-400LCF is for sale, they don't want to have to turn down UPS or FedEx...or the USAF, should they call up "saw that virtual LCF in our colors, looks sharp...can we have 6?"

I understand that carriers have an interest in their brands being used in a payware product; is it essentially the same issue with a paint kit since it does represent a protected product/image/likeness or is there a different issue with custom user paints?

Not questioning, just curious B)  

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."