Sign in to follow this  
baldk9

It's worth the wait

It would seem people are getting a little cranky. Well for my 2 cents worth I would rather wait for a completed project with an unknown release date than promise a release date and back off that promise because of incompleted or faulty bata testing. I know there will be white smoke coming from the chimney soon.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Guest wims

Absolutely, releasing a half finished plane would serve no purpose other than (temporarily) silencing the release date complainers.

Last time I checked, the only people who were complaining were those who don't agree with how people pass time until release.

Joe Sherrill

I am sure I will not have to wait as long as I had to for the MD-11. I have no doubt the wait will be justified. Is why I do not mind. I would rather get an aircraft that has almost no issues on release, and enjoy my flight time than get a buggy product that barely flies then wait for the fixes. That was the one thing I noticed with the MD-11 is it flew almost flawlessly straight out of the box, and it is still fun to fly to this day. Will be nice to have a detailed short haul tube to abuse soon.

I am sure I will not have to wait as long as I had to for the MD-11. I have no doubt the wait will be justified. Is why I do not mind. I would rather get an aircraft that has almost no issues on release, and enjoy my flight time than get a buggy product that barely flies then wait for the fixes. That was the one thing I noticed with the MD-11 is it flew almost flawlessly straight out of the box, and it is still fun to fly to this day. Will be nice to have a detailed short haul tube to abuse soon.
Is the MD11 that great? I have come close to buying it a few times now, but the fact that it is a non-Boeing, and a tri-jet, and have a personal connection to the DC10 that went down in Iowa those years ago, I have stayed away from it, but hear nothing but great things about it.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

While this is probably not the appropriate area for it. I think the MD-11 is an excellent aircraft. There are a ton of repaints available for it, and some of those are in HD (which I highly recommend as the stock textures are so/so). The VC textures are ok as well, but above average. Where the aircraft really shines is the fidelity of the systems, and how everything integrates together. I bought the printed publications before the MD-11 actually came out (which put the overall cost for aircraft/pubs at over $100), but I think the printed pubs are well worth it. I have at just a hair over 300 hours in the aircraft thus far, and enjoy every minute of it. I myself have had no issues with the aircraft, but some people do experience graphical errors. PMDG is really good about getting on top of it, and getting it fixed though. The other advantage you have to buying it now is the tutorial came out (I had to learn the aircraft without it, but I think that helped me learn it better). You can fly it completely hands off though just like the real airlines, or you can hand fly it and manually manage the systems by taking them out of auto. If you leave everything in auto it takes care of all non-engine failures by itself automatically just like the real deal. Really is to much to list here. The auto-pushback and fuel manager that is included is pretty cool too. Is why I can not wait for the 737.. the combination of MD-11 level detailed systems plus the J41's graphical detail should make the 737 one of the best FSX releases ever.. For long haul flights though I highly recommend the MD-11 though.. cannot speak for the 747 as I do not own that product, and missed the oppertunity to pick it up at best buy for $30.. Should of bought it when I had the chance. Although I have debated buying it over the last week or so though.

While this is probably not the appropriate area for it. I think the MD-11 is an excellent aircraft. There are a ton of repaints available for it, and some of those are in HD (which I highly recommend as the stock textures are so/so). The VC textures are ok as well, but above average. Where the aircraft really shines is the fidelity of the systems, and how everything integrates together. I bought the printed publications before the MD-11 actually came out (which put the overall cost for aircraft/pubs at over $100), but I think the printed pubs are well worth it. I have at just a hair over 300 hours in the aircraft thus far, and enjoy every minute of it. I myself have had no issues with the aircraft, but some people do experience graphical errors. PMDG is really good about getting on top of it, and getting it fixed though. The other advantage you have to buying it now is the tutorial came out (I had to learn the aircraft without it, but I think that helped me learn it better). You can fly it completely hands off though just like the real airlines, or you can hand fly it and manually manage the systems by taking them out of auto. If you leave everything in auto it takes care of all non-engine failures by itself automatically just like the real deal. Really is to much to list here. The auto-pushback and fuel manager that is included is pretty cool too. Is why I can not wait for the 737.. the combination of MD-11 level detailed systems plus the J41's graphical detail should make the 737 one of the best FSX releases ever.. For long haul flights though I highly recommend the MD-11 though.. cannot speak for the 747 as I do not own that product, and missed the oppertunity to pick it up at best buy for $30.. Should of bought it when I had the chance. Although I have debated buying it over the last week or so though.
Thanks for that response. I was just at my local Fry's and they still had three copies of the 744 still for sale. That plane I do own, and really enjoy it, especially with FS2Crew.

Yeah.. I have been debating getting FS2Crew for the MD-11.. that seems to be the only elements the PMDG left out is what they offer. For $25 it seems like a steal to add quite a bit of life and fidelity to an otherwise silent cockpit. Cause as they say you wouldn't fly a real airliner by yourself.

Absolutely, releasing a half finished plane would serve no purpose other than (temporarily) silencing the release date complainers.
And that's exactly what happend over at airsimmer.

IM WITH YOU well said and nothing else to add to that.

the MD11 when released was the best A/C for fs. the MD11's systems, J41 graphics, NGX Customization options etc etc will make for an unbelievable A/C. i shouldnt be long now. i am thinking of a release in september. Maybe development has slowed down abit so a few things can be ported to the 777, then after the NGX release we will have the T7, who knows. the 1 thing i know is that PMDG will release 2 fantastic aicraft in the coming months, and i for one will defo be buying them.

Been concentrating on the ngx for ages and can't wait, but I'm also really looking forward to what they do with the 777. Just started flying BA2156 from st kitts-Antigua-Gatwik. Flowen in 777 i'm doing it in MD-11, also t7 is so buetifull, especcially the 300er, stunning!

the MD11 is my favourite airplane but landing it is hard due to its high approach speed etc. i tend to fly very long haul with the MD11 and usually have to stop off somewhere on the way, just yesturday i finished Amsterdam-Honolulu with a stop in San Fran. and i also like flying emirates routes out of DXB which also require stop overs. i hope with the T7 they include the 200ER/LR/LRF and 300ER so i can fly long haul with no stops.

Thanks for that response. I was just at my local Fry's and they still had three copies of the 744 still for sale. That plane I do own, and really enjoy it, especially with FS2Crew.
I just bought a copy at Fry's in Plano Texas on Friday for $29.99. They had 2 copies when I got mine. I just installed it last night and have done a few short test flights and so far I like it. The FPS were a lot better than I expected also, in fact about the same as the J41. Now I just need to spend a few days learning the finer points of this a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just bought a copy at Fry's in Plano Texas on Friday for $29.99. They had 2 copies when I got mine. I just installed it last night and have done a few short test flights and so far I like it. The FPS were a lot better than I expected also, in fact about the same as the J41. Now I just need to spend a few days learning the finer points of this a/c.
Its an excellent plane. If you are familiar with Boeing aircraft, it will be easy to pick up on the 747.