Sign in to follow this  
camaroz288

FMC ROUTES FILES

HI everybody!I'm looking for routes files (*.rte) to import in the FMC of my 737 PMDG.I've been searching on flightsim & avsim, but just few files availables.Can you tell me where i can find routes collection files, something like "real routes company airlines" ?Also, what is the best software to create & edit routes files?THX

HI everybody!I'm looking for routes files (*.rte) to import in the FMC of my 737 PMDG.I've been searching on flightsim & avsim, but just few files availables.Can you tell me where i can find routes collection files, something like "real routes company airlines" ?Also, what is the best software to create & edit routes files?THX
I don't know of any other sources of '.rte' files and I am not sure you would want them. Routes are dependent on the navigation information (STARS, Approaches, way-points, etc)in your FS databases. In the real world these databases are updated regularly. There are a couple of folks who provide limited translated updates for FS or you can purchase these updates from Navigraph. http://www.navigraph.com/www/fmsdata.aspWhen the FS databases are updated the .rte file can become invalid because the information stored in the route file may no longer be valid. So if your using stored routes and you update regularly you need to look closely at the legs page in the FMS to ensure you still have a valid route. In the real world, if a carrier uses stored routes, all of the information including routes are updated together. Concerning flight planning there are many options. I use fsbuild. A couple of interesting places to find real world routes: fltplan.com and flightaware.com.One more source for further information is to do a search in the forum. This topic has been discussed extensively on a number of occasions. There are many other resources and products for flight planning and routing information.

Guest MalcolmDavidson
I don't know of any other sources of '.rte' files and I am not sure you would want them. Routes are dependent on the navigation information (STARS, Approaches, way-points, etc)in your FS databases. In the real world these databases are updated regularly. There are a couple of folks who provide limited translated updates for FS or you can purchase these updates from Navigraph. http://www.navigraph...www/fmsdata.aspWhen the FS databases are updated the .rte file can become invalid because the information stored in the route file may no longer be valid. So if your using stored routes and you update regularly you need to look closely at the legs page in the FMS to ensure you still have a valid route. In the real world, if a carrier uses stored routes, all of the information including routes are updated together. Concerning flight planning there are many options. I use fsbuild. A couple of interesting places to find real world routes: fltplan.com and flightaware.com.One more source for further information is to do a search in the forum. This topic has been discussed extensively on a number of occasions. There are many other resources and products for flight planning and routing information.
There were/are othe flight plan creators, one for FS9 was FSNavigator but no longer available to purchase, another is FlightSim Commander which you can try before you buy, and can also export the flightplans created straight to PMDG or other addon flightplan folders but like the previous poster even these programs need their AIRAC databases updated on a monthly basis, and the best place is from NavigraphMalcolm Davidson

The developer of FSBuild offers free AIRAC updates very frequently. If you update the PMDG database with either the partial freeware or paid Navigraph sources the planner and FMC terminal procedure and navaids should match pretty closely. This aids keeping your FMC terminal procedures in sync with your favorite ATC.

Thank you for answers.FS Navigator? ==> I already have this one, but use for NON-FMC planes because impossible to export in rte format bud!Tried FSBUILD: yes very good software and airacs updates, but would be perfect with an interface like FS navigator.

Thank you for answers.FS Navigator? ==> I already have this one, but use for NON-FMC planes because impossible to export in rte format bud!Tried FSBUILD: yes very good software and airacs updates, but would be perfect with an interface like FS navigator.
Not true! FsNav can export to PMDGs rte. format. You only need a little module.I have it, but now a days I use Vroute Premium instead./ Leffe