Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Aerosoft airbus x released!

I might be tempted. :)If anyone gets it, please post short initial review.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I have not really followed this project at all, I heard that it was not very complex, but after reading the product features it seems to be more then what I expected. One thing that I did here mentioned is that it does have Navigraph support, but it did not support Sids and Stars, you had to imput them manually, is this accurate????edit: cancel last I guess it does not support Sids and Stars only manual entry of them. Weird

Yes, SID/STARS are just a short-hand form of listing multiple waypoints, in the same way jet airways are. There is no actual disadvantage to manually inputting the waypoints the procedure calls for.

Guest wims
Yes, SID/STARS are just a short-hand form of listing multiple waypoints, in the same way jet airways are. There is no actual disadvantage to manually inputting the waypoints the procedure calls for.
Oh, there are disadvantages to that for sure. Just think about it, you fly online, the controller is assigning you to a different STAR than the one you originally planned for. Now you have to Aviate, Navigate, Communicate and reprogram the FMC manually. And play the role of both the captain and the FO at the same time. This can be a bit hectic to say the least.

Guest 413X3

Looks like a nice model, if Ernie can intergrate his ISG2 FMC into this airplane I will buy.

Oh, there are disadvantages to that for sure. Just think about it, you fly online, the controller is assigning you to a different STAR than the one you originally planned for. Now you have to Aviate, Navigate, Communicate and reprogram the FMC manually. And play the role of both the captain and the FO at the same time. This can be a bit hectic to say the least.
At the same time though, you should be able to handle all of that! Pilots did all of the flying we do now without any of the technological assistance. It's there as a convenience, not because it can't be done otherwise! Anyway, that's not aerosoft's reasoning but my own opinion..If you have all of the charts ready to roll and get re-assigned at the last moment, get the first one or two waypoints in there so you are on-course. If you have pressing duties take care of them and then finish the addition of the STAR/SID. It's not ideal, but it is in no means a deal-breaker.

I have been following this project pretty much since conception, the only disadvantages are no 2D panels and no SID/STAR support. but its an airbus, relatively little pilot workload, so entering a couple of waypoints is hardly going to be gamebreaking ;)

Guest 413X3

I wish they would work for another month after ironing out any bugs and give us a little more advanced FMC with sid/stars. I would certainly buy the product then, and even pay a little more. SID/STARs are a deal breaker for me.

Same with me, I can understand no having a failure module and that kinda thing, but simplified VNAV no SID/STAR, no HOLD and pretty much the FMC looks very basic, so I'll have to pass. Maybe they will do an advanced version, if so I'd buy two copies to support these guys.Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

the only disadvantages are no 2D panels and no SID/STAR support.
I don't understand what is the fascination with the 2D cockpits? In this day in age and especially with a product like TrackIR, 2D panels are pretty much obsolete. Is it the price of TrackIR, inability to pan in the VC? What is it?Yea, SID/STAR support would be sweet but is unnecessary for someone who doesn't fly online and does not need to get sudden vector changes from ATC.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I don't understand what is the fascination with the 2D cockpits? In this day in age and especially with a product like TrackIR, 2D panels are pretty much obsolete. Is it the price of TrackIR, inability to pan in the VC? What is it?Yea, SID/STAR support would be sweet but is unnecessary for someone who doesn't fly online and does not need get sudden vector changes from ATC.
personal preference i believe, 2D panels have been in FS since the beginning so i guess its just always been 'standard'. As for the SID/STAR, its a nice touch of realism, that i use on the level d 767 and PMDG 747, but where it lacks in that area, it makes up for in terms of looks, sounds, and performance. As i said, i'm just waiting for the boxed version my friend ;)

Guest wims
I don't understand what is the fascination with the 2D cockpits? In this day in age and especially with a product like TrackIR, 2D panels are pretty much obsolete. Is it the price of TrackIR, inability to pan in the VC? What is it?...
TrackIR isnt a solution at all imo. For me, using a 2d panel is about being able to easily reach whatever i need, and that the clickspots are in the exact same location etc. This is important when the workload is high. Remember, in a real airplane the pilots knows blindfolded where to reach to be able to manipulate the glareshield control panel, where the com radio is etc. On a computer screen this isnt as intuitive, having to use the mouse to move some mouse pointer on a screen that is 2d. Plus in a sim youre the only pilot, in real life the work load is cut in half. These kind of issues makes the 2d panel the obvious choice, all controls and click spots are in the exact same position all the time.

I have not really followed this project at all, I heard that it was not very complex, but after reading the product features it seems to be more then what I expected. One thing that I did here mentioned is that it does have Navigraph support, but it did not support Sids and Stars, you had to imput them manually, is this accurate????edit: cancel last I guess it does not support Sids and Stars only manual entry of them. Weird
Maybe I missed this on the product page, but where does it say that SID/STAR is not supported? Aren't they included in Navigraph's data?Toni.

TrackIR isnt a solution at all imo. For me, using a 2d panel is about being able to easily reach whatever i need, and that the clickspots are in the exact same location etc. This is important when the workload is high. Remember, in a real airplane the pilots knows blindfolded where to reach to be able to manipulate the glareshield control panel, where the com radio is etc. On a computer screen this isnt as intuitive, having to use the mouse to move some mouse pointer on a screen that is 2d. Plus in a sim youre the only pilot, in real life the work load is cut in half. These kind of issues makes the 2d panel the obvious choice, all controls and click spots are in the exact same position all the time.
Did you even try TrackIR? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick on you or try to start some silly argument. I'm just curious.

Jacek G.