Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Aerosoft airbus x released!

you could use a camera product and use pre-set views (FMC, Overhead, etc).. I have given up on 2D a long time ago, using trackIR, and EZCA, the immersion factor is pretty good.. give it a try, you never know :)John

TrackIR made a VC user out of me a long time ago. Change can be rough for some though.Looking forward to hearing some reviews on this bird. It's tempting.

- Aaron

Just got the AirbusX and flew a short leg. Very nice model! I think at the moment is second to none!Does anyone know how do we get more liveries for this Airbus? Best

Edmundo Azevedo

Just got the AirbusX and flew a short leg. Very nice model! I think at the moment is second to none!Does anyone know how do we get more liveries for this Airbus? Best
How's the sound? VC clarity? Did you autoland or manually?As far as liveries, they've said they'll make more available shortly after release. Is United livery included?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Did they buuild a seperate mdl for the VC so it can easily be merged?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I don't understand what is the fascination with the 2D cockpits? In this day in age and especially with a product like TrackIR, 2D panels are pretty much obsolete. Is it the price of TrackIR, inability to pan in the VC? What is it?
I could write you pages of explanations why I prefer 2D. And yes, I have a head tracking device (that I don't use anymore). Look, there are people flying in VC mode only (opposed to you, something that I don't understand), and others who prefer 2D. Some like this, others that. The discussion what is better, VC or 2D, has already been beaten to death. I for my part are in the community of those who don't want VCs and don't buy VC only planes, others do the same, it's that simple. It's pretty nonsense to say 2D panels are obsolete. They will be obsolete one day a much better technology will be available, but not in the forseeable mid-term.Andreas

Guest 413X3

I fly only from the VC, but have never used any addon view product. To me a hat switch on my yoke is plenty along with the mouse. The VC just gives me a feeling of "being there" the 2d more of a chore like sitting in a class room. Plus it helps learning where everything is in the cockpit in relation to your seat, great practice.

Guest 747-fan
At the same time though, you should be able to handle all of that! Pilots did all of the flying we do now without any of the technological assistance. It's there as a convenience, not because it can't be done otherwise! Anyway, that's not aerosoft's reasoning but my own opinion..If you have all of the charts ready to roll and get re-assigned at the last moment, get the first one or two waypoints in there so you are on-course. If you have pressing duties take care of them and then finish the addition of the STAR/SID. It's not ideal, but it is in no means a deal-breaker.
A lot of airfields nowadays don't have STAR procedures that are navaid based, but waypoint based (coordinates instead of VOR radial/distance). So no, if you're instructed to fly an unplanned STAR, you'll be in a world of hurry to get all those waypoints punched in. Sometimes you can't simply tune a VOR or ILS and steer "that away" anymore.If you're lucky there's a VOR/DME approach chart for the airport you can request it from the ATC, but those usually aren't used for fast jets. Imagine an Airbus requesting to take the VOR approach and trying to slow down to stay behind that Cessna twin. Alpha floor, anyone? :(

Did they buuild a seperate mdl for the VC so it can easily be merged?
Is there a specific reason you'd want to do that? The exterior model of the Airbus X must be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen and I wouldn't want to swap it for anything else...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

After 2 hours I have been unable to configure the throttles. :( Normally I use FSUIPC for all joystick calibration. Unfortunately it is required to configure the throttles via the FSX control axis menu. I always disable controller in this menu to prevent problems since I have many controllers attached (Saitek yoke, 2 Saitek throttle units, CH throttle quadrant, CH rudder pedals, Logitech joystick.)Anybody else having similar problems? And yes I have read the Vol1 guide Q and A ... Going to eat now and try again later...

Guest 413X3
A lot of airfields nowadays don't have STAR procedures that are navaid based, but waypoint based (coordinates instead of VOR radial/distance). So no, if you're instructed to fly an unplanned STAR, you'll be in a world of hurry to get all those waypoints punched in. Sometimes you can't simply tune a VOR or ILS and steer "that away" anymore.If you're lucky there's a VOR/DME approach chart for the airport you can request it from the ATC, but those usually aren't used for fast jets. Imagine an Airbus requesting to take the VOR approach and trying to slow down to stay behind that Cessna twin. Alpha floor, anyone? :(
Well technically if they use the navigraph navdata, the waypoint names of the stars will be in the database, so you can enter them, such as CR1 direct CR2 direct CRM etc

Aerosoft has mentioned the possibility of a later enhancement to this airbus that would add more sophisticated FMC capability, such as holds and SID/STAR...please, let's gently and thoughtfully encourage them to do this. If Mathis believes that there's a real market for it, it just might happen.:(

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

After 2 hours I have been unable to configure the throttles. :( Normally I use FSUIPC for all joystick calibration. Unfortunately it is required to configure the throttles via the FSX control axis menu. I always disable controller in this menu to prevent problems since I have many controllers attached (Saitek yoke, 2 Saitek throttle units, CH throttle quadrant, CH rudder pedals, Logitech joystick.)Anybody else having similar problems? And yes I have read the Vol1 guide Q and A ... Going to eat now and try again later...
Aerosoft support is among the best, i'm sure they will be happy to help

Guest 747-fan
Well technically if they use the navigraph navdata, the waypoint names of the stars will be in the database, so you can enter them, such as CR1 direct CR2 direct CRM etc
Yup. Thankfully there usually aren't THAT many wpts on a STAR. I'm very tempted to get it despite it's current simulation state, depending on what people say about framerates and the FBW flight model.

$51 - ahh heck no for the lack of systems...As a comparison - you spend 55 on the F1 C510 Mustang and you receive a very realistic simulation of the G1000

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |