Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

HDEv2 and Activesky 6.5

Hi, I still use and love Activesky 6.5 for my FS9, but would like to know how to use the cloud textures and sky textures that come with the freeware package HDEv2. I would like activesky to use those cloud and sky textures instead when updating weather.Thanks

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hi,1. Turn Off Enable ASG auto-submit in AS.2. Use HDE and send the textures to FS9.3. Start FS and fly!Remember that AS will not be able to pick the wx influenced textures from HDE like it was able to do with ASG.

Hi,1. Turn Off Enable ASG auto-submit in AS.2. Use HDE and send the textures to FS9.3. Start FS and fly!Remember that AS will not be able to pick the wx influenced textures from HDE like it was able to do with ASG.
thanks...ya, thats what I figured, I wish there was a way to still use weather unfluenced textures, but have the HDEv2 set also

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hi,There is, if you were to purchase ASE!
So is ASE have its own cloud and sky textures...or do you still need active sky 6.5 for example to provide the textures and use evolution for weather only...I can see from the info site that you can use different textures form different authors with Evolution.

Hi,No, no texture in ASE. But a snapshot feature that can take a "snapshot" of the environmental textures you have in FS. Then ASE can use the weather conditions to determine which snapshot to install into FS. You could use the ASv6.5 textures and or the HDEv textures or a combination.

I know this is an old thread, but, I'm trying to figure out how the snapshot thing works.  How do you know what snapshots to take and what the weather conditions are at the time you're taking it?  There could be millions of different combinations.

Thanks.