Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

VFR Germany or GEX Europe?

I realize that VFR Germany is photo-scenery which is quite different than what GEX Europe does. I currently own GEX Europe and I am very pleased with it. However, given that I do a lot of flights in and out of Germany, I was curious if Aerosoft's VFR Germany would be a step up from what I already have. Any comments? Also, how is VFR Germany at night (with GEX street lights)? Couldn't find any night-time screenshots.

Hi, I think the answer is yes... I own Switzerland pro and since I do real VFR flying it's very interesting to be able to know where you are with visual references. I use GEX europe for all the countries I fly over and don't know... I have VFR germany south and west and the colors are a bit greenish but the new west looks very good ;)Huge downlaod though of 15 gigs if I recall correctly...

Hi Limp,I also own Swiss X and Austria X and I absolutely love both sceneries, obliterates GEX Europe out of the water. Is VFR Germany exactly like those two? Worse? Better?

Well like the other, the only problem is the color sets don't match so when going from Switzerland to Germany it looks a bit weird, but I don't really care... Not the same developper techniques and source...

That's not a big problem I think. It's localized problem at the borders, at speed of 350kts, you pass over it quickly. But the level of detail between VFR Germany and Swiss Pro is the same? Photo quality and autogen very comparable?

Since you already have GEX Europe, you should take a look at UTX Europe. The two complement each other. It's not photo-scenery, but it adds detailed terrain features such as coasts, rivers, lakes, highways, etc. I use it and it's much better than base FSX/GEX, but its definately not 'picture perfect'. Check it out at the UTX website. But then again, maybe you already know about UTX....

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

VFR Germany has no night textures and only one season. however, if you want to do vfr flights it is great!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Hmmm.So if I am doing any night-time flights over Germany, disable VFR Germany in the scenery library? I see. That's too bad. Any other photoscenery with night-time textures for Germany/France/Spain/Italy?

Hmmm.So if I am doing any night-time flights over Germany, disable VFR Germany in the scenery library? I see. That's too bad. Any other photoscenery with night-time textures for Germany/France/Spain/Italy?
About Spain, you can find the sceneries in the airhispania forum. Around 130 gB and when using GEX/UTX there will be nightlife. RV