Sign in to follow this  
Guest usafcop11

FS9 Visibility haze rendering

Guest usafcop11

First off its been a few years since I have been able to really put anytime into flying so I am alittle out of touch. I lost me old gaming computer to a hard drive crash and along with that all my flight sim addons payware and freeware and so out of frustration and lack of real time I gave it up. My wifes sister gave us a computer and after a deployment to Iraq I sat here and said I bet this thing will play FS9 and sure enough it would. AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ1GB of RAMand a ATI Radeon 9200 256MB Graphics card.It plays the game pretty well with the 20 fps lock but I just noticed something that I hadn't before. With unlimited vis It has nice blended out haze that looks pretty good to me. I dont require the top scenery or anything i'm pretty simple. No the problem. If you move the vis in at all there is no haze just a straight line and then blue. Thats all the way up till you move it to 2 mil vis and then you get the haze back. I have exhausted my know how and need help. Any Ideas? I really just want to fix this problem and do not want to have to re buy any payware stuff. Thank you.Phil

Search for soft horizons by John Cillis in the avsim library. That should be what you are looking for.Maurice

Org you set the following parameter under "Weather" in the FS9.cfg file from:MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=96560toMAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=32000That's about 40 Mi. There is something annoying, however: each time you access the file via the FS menu, it changes back to it's default value.Hugo

Guest usafcop11

Ill give these both a try. The thing that concerns me about the rendering is that for instance if you have a mountain range at about for example 10mi off and you turn vis down to less then to miles the mountains are gone and everything behind that. Its like a box has been set around you at the distance you set and you cant see out of it.

Guest usafcop11

gave them both a try. No dice. Still have the in a box effect if the distance is less then unlimited. No blending to haze. Seems like it would be a graphics card problem.

Guest belga1

Hello,To test ........Use soft horizons by John Cillis andIf you have FSUIPC registered .... try this:sx2nox.jpg5vrwpd.jpgAnd: (Save your FS9.cfg before apply modifications..... ! )[GRAPHICS]FULL_SCREEN=1PERFORMANCE_MODE=0DEF_PERF_MODE=6TEXT_SCROLL=1AUTO_LOD=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=2TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_MAP=1TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0SMOOTH_VIEW=1IMAGE_SMOOTHING=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0TEXTURE_BLDG=1TEXTURE_GND=1TEXTURE_WATER=1AIRCRAFT_TEXTURE=2SEE_SELF=1TEXTURE_QUALITY=3LOD_TARGET_FPS=28NUM_LIGHTS=8[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=70.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=45.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1[sCENERY]IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1DYN_SCN_DENSITY=4DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1SUNGLARE=0LENSFLARE=0xd59xf.jpge8u77r.jpgfnd9ab.jpgRegards.bye.gifGus.

Guest usafcop11

I dont have FSUIPC I found a thumb drive with FSUIOC4 on it will that work?The video card on this computer was just a built on the motherboard 64mb card. The ATI is a addon. I played the sim before I got this card and I think that it was rendered correctly before i put this card in. But im not for sure. So it leads me to belive that its the cards fault.

Guest belga1

Hello,

But im not for sure. So it leads me to belive that its the cards fault.
:( Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest usafcop11

Gus, not sure what that means haha if its my card is there any thing that can fix my problem

Guest belga1

Hello,Can you post some pics ?Regards.bye.gifGus.

Guest usafcop11

Your going to kill me Gus how do I do that is there a screen shot feature in FS9 if not ill just take a pic with my camera haha.

Guest usafcop11

Here are some shots i took. Let me know.

I'm not sure if this is the haze for which you are searching- but for what it's worth, FS9 settings were-Scenery- Complexity & Autogen both= Normal, Terrain setting= High, Water effects=lowWeather- Sight Distance= 60 miles, Cloud Draw Distance= 30 miles, 3D Cloud percent= 50, Simple Clouds, Cloud Coverage= Medium. I don't have FSUIPC. I have never tinkered with CFG so I assume all settings there are default.AMD 1.8 MHz,2GB Ram,2 GeForce FX5200 GPUs.Alex Reid(DreamFleet Bonanza. Drizzly Sunday near Port Orchard WA. Looks much better when it's 45" wide, occupying one's entire peripheral vision.)

Guest usafcop11

That is what I talking about due to the rain and the weather your visibility is closer then unlimited and it shows as haze not as a straight line like in mine. In my pics the 10 mile sight distance should be hazed out and blended. I tried your setting and it did not help. Got to be a hardware problem.

That is what I talking about due to the rain and the weather your visibility is closer then unlimited and it shows as haze not as a straight line like in mine. In my pics the 10 mile sight distance should be hazed out and blended. I tried your setting and it did not help. Got to be a hardware problem.
I didn't think to add- Go into the Weather Tab and change from Real weather to User Defined. There you can customize-I will often set Visib to about 20 miles. Even better set it to 1 or 2 miles and practice some blind landings and takeoffs. Gets exciting to kill an engine on lift off (on a twin!!!), clean up, then perform a circuit and get the bird back down safely!Alex Reid