Sign in to follow this  
flesland

nothing but resign miself

Well after testing over and over again my brand new FSX on mi new rig, I have test everything, new drivers, old drivers, last Win Xp SP3 updates, etc, etc, etc. and I have the same fuc.....problem win XP crashes and show the blue screen with the file nv4_disp.dll. SInce I have test everything always happen the same issue when I setup the FSX with MAX settings, scenery, aircraft, traffic, etc. I start to make a freeflight example in KSEA, I made a takeoff and then I begin to rotate the cameras fast until the FSX crashes, this only happen with graphics ultrahigh. So I resign miself with this problem and run FSX with graphics only in HIGH setting.my rig is:Intel core i5 750 @ 2,6 Ghz , CPU Cooler Thermalright Venomous X with 2 thermaltake fans, MOBO MSI P55-GD85, mmy Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 Mhz, 9-9-9-24, PSU Coolermaster SIlent Pro 700W, HDD Samsung 7200rpm 320Gb, VGA EVGA GTX470 1280 Mb, etc running under Windows XP SP3, with DirectX 9.0c, GeForce GTX470 working with latest drivers and FSX Golden Edition installed (FSX Deluxe+Acceleration)What I'm gonna do ? Only resign ?I´m trying to apply all FSX tweaks published in PDF famous fileIs there any adjust to make ?Thanks for comments !!!

Nibaldo Soto A.

Well after testing over and over again my brand new FSX on mi new rig, I have test everything, new drivers, old drivers, last Win Xp SP3 updates, etc, etc, etc. and I have the same problem win XP crashes and show the blue screen with the file nv4_disp.dll. SInce I have test everything always happen the same issue when I setup the FSX with MAX settings, scenery, aircraft, traffic, etc. I start to make a freeflight example in KSEA, I made a takeoff and then I begin to rotate the cameras fast until the FSX crashes, this only happen with graphics ultrahigh. So I resign miself with this problem and run FSX with graphics only in HIGH setting.my rig is:Intel core i5 750 @ 2,6 Ghz , CPU Cooler Thermalright Venomous X with 2 thermaltake fans, MOBO MSI P55-GD85, mmy Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 Mhz, 9-9-9-24, PSU Coolermaster SIlent Pro 700W, HDD Samsung 7200rpm 320Gb, VGA EVGA GTX470 1280 Mb, etc running under Windows XP SP3, with DirectX 9.0c, GeForce GTX470 working with latest drivers and FSX Golden Edition installed (FSX Deluxe+Acceleration)What I'm gonna do ? Only resign ?I´m trying to apply all FSX tweaks published in PDF famous fileIs there any adjust to make ?Thanks for comments !!!
Hola Nibaldo, The nv4_disp.dll module is part of the nVidia driver set, and a BSOD with that as the cause generally indicates that the video subsystem is the problem. If the PC is running OK with FS9 and other programs, but crashes when stressed with a heavy GPU load under FSX or some other games, then I'd suspect either an overheating problem in the video card, or an undervoltage to the GPU. Has the the 470GTX been overclocked, either by you or by eVGA? I would start all testing with the CPU and memory running at stock speeds. Do not attempt to overclock *anything* until you get things running stable at stock speeds. I would recommend loading the free EVGA Precision utility program from the eVGA website, and configure it to automatically set your GPU fan speed to 75% at bootup. I do not like the automatic fan speed feature on the 400 series cards, as it lets the GPU get too hot before increasing the fan speed. I override my GTX480 fan speed this way. When the fan ramps up to 75% you should hear an increase in fan noise. Try running FSX with the fan speed up and see if that helps...if so, then your GPU is probably overheating under the heavy graphics load from FSX. I would not suspect undervoltage from the Coolermaster power supply you are using unless it is faulty, it's a good quality single-rail unit. If the video card is one of the factory overclocked versions from eVGA, you might also consider using eVGA Precision to downclock the video card to the nVidia default speeds for the 470.SaludosBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, COP.S. Also make sure you are using the latest DirectX version from Microsoft...updates to DX do not flow automatically...you have to go get them.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Muchas gracias Coronel !!, la verdad es que no le hecho nada a la tarjeta gráfica, es la version GTX 470 simple no para hacer OC, (no he OC la GPU) pero como tu me indicas voy a subir un poco la velocidad del fan de la GPU. Por otra parte no creo que la fuente sea el problema, se supone que es de buena calidad y tengo la suficiente energía en el rail de 12V o sea 50A. Hablando de la temperatura de la GPU, me he dado cuenta que la temperatura anda por los 52°C (HWMonitor) cuando me pongo a estresar el FSX y rotar las vistas alrededor del avión, será esto un problema de sobrecalentamiento?Un amigo computin ! me ha dicho esta mañana que mejor me cambie a Windows 7 ultimate, creo que haré esto al último, primero voy a actualizar la última version de los DirectX 9,0c y las directrices que has dadoMuchas gracias por la colaboración y dejame decirte que me encanta tu país, estuve ahí en el año 2003 en la ciudad de Worcester, MA y me encantó sobretodo la comida, que manera de comer, subí como 5 kilos en 3 semanas que duró mi viaje.Saludos y muchas gracias !English Translate:Thanks a lot Colonel !, the true is I haven´t made anything to VC, the VGA GTX470 is non OC version and I haven´t OC by miself , but as you say I' going to increase the GPU fan speed beyond 75%. Another point of view, I don´t think that might be a PSU problem, I guess this is one of good quality and I have the enough of current onto the 12V rail 50A. Speeking about GPU temperature, I have realized that the temp is around 52° (HWMonitor) when I stress the FSX rotating fast the views around any aircraft, that would be a overheating problem?A very computer friend of mine, have told me this morning concerning switch to Windows 7 ultimate, I think I'm gonna do this when I have no more ideas, first get last updates for DX 9,0c y the directions you gave me.Thanks a lot for cooperation, and let me tell you I love USA, I went there in 2003 at Worcester, MA and I liked a lot overall the delicious food, what a manner to eat !!, I increased my weight by 11 lbs in 3 weeks last of my trip. LOLbest regards !!!

Nibaldo Soto A.

52 deg C is a good temperature for the GPU. My 480 runs at ~65 deg when running FSX with complex scenery, and in the high 50s in less demanding areas.Another thing to try is to uninstall the drivers, and then in the hardware control panel right-click the video card and uninstall the video card itself, then reboot into safe mode (hold F8 while booting), then use a utility like Driver Cleaner while in safe mode to make sure all parts of the nVidia drivers have been removed, then reboot, turn off your antivirus and reinstall the drivers.I do not believe that upgrading to Win7 Ultimate will change anything.Does the machine pass a 1+ hour OCCT test? Do you have the same problem with the CPU at its stock speed?CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

SInce I have test everything always happen the same issue when I setup the FSX with MAX settings, scenery, aircraft, traffic, etc. I start to make a freeflight example in KSEA, I made a takeoff and then I begin to rotate the cameras fast until the FSX crashes, this only happen with graphics ultrahigh. So I resign miself with this problem and run FSX with graphics only in HIGH setting.
There's your problem; FSX will pound any computer to the ground on max settings, though I've never heard of FSX crashing from that.

Well after testing over and over again my brand new FSX on mi new rig, I have test everything, new drivers, old drivers, last Win Xp SP3 updates, etc, etc, etc. and I have the same fuc.....problem win XP crashes and show the blue screen with the file nv4_disp.dll. SInce I have test everything always happen the same issue when I setup the FSX with MAX settings, scenery, aircraft, traffic, etc. I start to make a freeflight example in KSEA, I made a takeoff and then I begin to rotate the cameras fast until the FSX crashes, this only happen with graphics ultrahigh. So I resign miself with this problem and run FSX with graphics only in HIGH setting.my rig is:Intel core i5 750 @ 2,6 Ghz , CPU Cooler Thermalright Venomous X with 2 thermaltake fans, MOBO MSI P55-GD85, mmy Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 Mhz, 9-9-9-24, PSU Coolermaster SIlent Pro 700W, HDD Samsung 7200rpm 320Gb, VGA EVGA GTX470 1280 Mb, etc running under Windows XP SP3, with DirectX 9.0c, GeForce GTX470 working with latest drivers and FSX Golden Edition installed (FSX Deluxe+Acceleration)What I'm gonna do ? Only resign ?I´m trying to apply all FSX tweaks published in PDF famous fileIs there any adjust to make ?Thanks for comments !!!
Hi flesland,I used to have an NVidia 8600GT card and on rare occasions, I remember getting that error with the nv4_disp.dll. Like Bob Scott, says, completely do an UNINSTALL of your video driver and re-install from fresh. Have you also performed a HARDWARE diagnostic on your video card? Perhaps it does have a physical defect?Good luck.John