Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Black Screen FSX

I can hit escape, and view the flight analysis page but when I view anything else it's completely black, and I can't see or do anything beyond that. Has anyone had this happen before? It happened randomly in the middle of a flight.

Try and delete fsx.cfg, open FSX and let it rebuild. If you have tweaks test behaviour after adding each tweak, see if one of them have adverse effects.

HeyDid this solution work? I am fairly new to FSX simming and I was able to remove my FSX.cfg file and have FSX reinstall it. But going through the PMDG menus will still crash my machine. Ive done some searching and I am realizing that this maybe a windows 7 x64 bit <->MSFSX interaction problem.I will try doing this method again and restarting my computer. If anyone else has suggestions on how to deal with sudden black screens in FSX please let me know!

Guest wims

Menu crashes in FSX with W7 is almost always caused by an incompatible uiautomationcore.dll. Put an older version of this file in your fsx folder. You can find more info about it if you search for uiautomationcore.dll

Try this:-Download this file:- Vista UIAutomationCore.dllFrom:-http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.htmlMake sure it is this version:-version 6.0.5840.16386..and place it in the root folder of FSX.Sorry, Wims - posted at the same time, I guess. Right answer, though!

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.