Hi Guys,Well, my new Boeing Style Throttle Quad from VRAC arrived today. I'll have to build a stand for it, but here are some photos.Throttle1.jpgThrottle2.jpgThrottle3.jpgThrottle4.jpgThrottle5.jpgThrottle6.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hello Mike,How do you like your VRAC throttle setup? Would love to know what you think about it as I too am considering this hardware to complement my PFC Column yoke & rudder system....Regards,jack noulet

Hi Everyone,I've been on vacation and away from my Flightsim computer. I'll be home to give it a good workout starting on Tuesday. I did get the stand built, now I just need to get the Grey Formica and finish it. :biggrin:

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Everyone,I've been on vacation and away from my Flightsim computer. I'll be home to give it a good workout starting on Tuesday. I did get the stand built, now I just need to get the Grey Formica and finish it. :biggrin:
Hi Mike,Any news on your new throttle setup? I would also like to purchase this product and I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on it.Regards,jack

Hi Everyone,Sorry for the delay in responding, this is what I've learned (like/dislike) about the VRAC Boeing style throttle quad. Keep in mind I just about exclusively fly the Level-D 767, in fact 99.99% of my flight simulator time is spent in this aircraft. All test were conducted using FSX and the Level-D aircraft.What I like about the throttle quad-------------------------------------------------1. Heavy Duty Construction / Well Build.2. The unit has some weight to it, it weighs in at 18 lbs.3. Pitch Trim, Speed Brake, Throttles, Throttle Reversers operate smoothly (push/pull) through full range of motion.4. Metal is added for strength throughout the quad, including the throttles.5. The engraving (text) looks sharp.6. Rocker switches are heavy duty.7. It connects to the computer via USB.8. VRAC Tech. Support is/was excellent.9. Rocker switches were very easy to program via FSUIPC.What I don't like about the throttle quad---------------------------------------------------------1. Instruction manual leaves MUCH to be desired, I had to make numerous phone calls to VRAC.2. Pitch Trim, Speed Brake, Flap handles are not reinforced or made out of metal.3. Right Throttle rubbed/got stuck on the plastic covering near full throttle. Not that big of a deal, all I had to do was trim it. But for $1,240.00 this should have been checked/corrected prior to shipping.4. Took numerous hours to figure out/bypass some of VRACs idiosyncrasies. This could have been avoided with a manual that went into depth about the quad, drivers, setting, calibration and so on.5. Not sure who build my throttle quad, but two sets of wires were reversed, the speed brake & Pitch Trim. Normally this would not be a problem because VRACs driver software has reverse settings. Pitch Trim was easily corrected with the reverse setting, the problem was with the speed brake. The speed brake had to be set to reverse due to the reversed wiring, this allowed the speed brake to move correctly in the sim. However, using the reverse setting caused the speed brake to auto arm itself whenever I moved the pitch trim, flaps, and/or throttle handles. This was a problem I ended up finding and eventually correcting myself. This is the only way to correct the problem, I had to remove the throttle quads back panel, part of the top panel and USB circuit board, find and reverse the wires. Disassembling the unit, finding the correct wire connectors, making the changes and reassembling the unit took about two hours. It really was a pain to fix.6. In taking the unit apart I found that the screw holders are made out of plastic that can and will break easily. Using plastic for this is a VERY BAD IDEA and should be changed immediately!.Granted, it did take some time to get this unit setup and working correctly, but its fixed and its working just the way I want it to work. It is by far, the BEST throttle quad I ever used. Despite my initial troubles.BOTTOM LINE: If I had to do over again, would I spend $1,240.00 on VRAC's Throttle Quad............In A Heartbeat, without hesitation.

Great write-up Mike. Thanks for sharing the Pros/Cons with us. I'll be purchasing this same unit to complement my PFC yoke & Rudders. Regards & thanks, jack

Hi,This installation guide I just created will make setting up the throttle quad much easier to get up and running. It also allows me to not use VRAC's additional software. All that is required is a registered version of FSUIPC, which I already have.Here is the PDF file for anyone interested in purchasing this quad.My link