Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Which payware GA have G1000 installed?

Not for long, though...see here: Flight1 182 Skylane
Ok I forgot about that one... but there is no current option for "Mustang G1000 quality."

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Riccardo, it all depends on your expectations and where you are headed with your G1000 study. Is it for real flying?. If you are looking for G1000 for VFR or occasional IFR within FSX only - many of the available FSX-simulations are pretty close and will certainly give you the flavor of the real unit. But if you want a serious IFR practice - IMHO they fall a bit short. My major beef is with the way navigation Status Bar is underutilized - real G1000 gives you all the great sequencing info in this bar, including missed approaches, holding entries, turn anticipations, etc. VNV is also missing, even if you are not going to use the VNV A/P mode it provides you guidance about your vertical position - it puts the relevant altitude crossings right in front of you. Viewing approach charts within G1000 is also important if you practice for RW flying. To learn G1000 for my SR-20 real life flying I purchased G1000 sim directly from Garmin and it was less than $40 with shipping, frame rates are fantastic :( and it came with synthetic vision, HITS and flight path vector - all icing on the cake.

Riccardo, it all depends on your expectations and where you are headed with your G1000 study. Is it for real flying?. If you are looking for G1000 for VFR or occasional IFR within FSX only - many of the available FSX-simulations are pretty close and will certainly give you the flavor of the real unit. But if you want a serious IFR practice - IMHO they fall a bit short. My major beef is with the way navigation Status Bar is underutilized - real G1000 gives you all the great sequencing info in this bar, including missed approaches, holding entries, turn anticipations, etc. VNV is also missing, even if you are not going to use the VNV A/P mode it provides you guidance about your vertical position - it puts the relevant altitude crossings right in front of you. Viewing approach charts within G1000 is also important if you practice for RW flying. To learn G1000 for my SR-20 real life flying I purchased G1000 sim directly from Garmin and it was less than $40 with shipping, frame rates are fantastic :( and it came with synthetic vision, HITS and flight path vector - all icing on the cake.
Thanks Michal, you are right! But is there a version of Garmin G1000 for FSX directly from Garmin site? have you a link?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks Michal, you are right! But is there a version of Garmin G1000 for FSX directly from Garmin site? have you a link?
No. There is not. And that really is the point. The official Garmin G1000 trainer is a stand alone app that does not interface with FSX in anyway.The user has no visual cues of any kind, no audible cues such as engine sounds etc, you can't manage weather, other systems, ATC or anything other than the trainer itself. It is a bit awkward to use compared to other G1000's developed specifically to interface with FSX. It is a great familiarization tool, but it pretty much ends right there.

But is there a version of Garmin G1000 for FSX directly from Garmin site? have you a link?
No, has nothing to do with FSX (some say it is a good thing!!). It is available directly from Garmin site and you buy the flavor you want - Perspective, King Air, Mustang, 172, etc. You get 100% functionality (OK, weather and engine pages are duds) but you also have to understand there is no flight-model to speak of. And to counter what Jim said above - synthetic vision gives you phenomenal visual cues ...

Thank you very much guys!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

And to counter what Jim said above - synthetic vision gives you phenomenal visual cues ...
Well you usually do counter whatever I say Michael so nothing new there. But the bottom line is the G1000 trainer has nothing in common with FSX. (So we do agree on that) Ever try to run both at the same time. Good luck.

Ever try to run both at the same time. Good luck.
And who on Earth would try to do do such a stupid thing? :(

And who on Earth would try to do do such a stupid thing? :(
Perhaps because they are confused by your post...There is a huge difference between a standalone application such as the one you purchased from Garmin and an FS Interfaced G1000 which is actually useful in a simulated environment such as FS.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Perhaps because they are confused by your post...
Yes, could be very confusing, specially that I said the Garmin's application has nothing to do with FSX. Life can be very confusing too :(

Yes, could be very confusing, specially that I said the Garmin's application has nothing to do with FSX. Life can be very confusing too :(
Yes, I'm a bit confused as to why you introduced a non FS Interfaced, standalone G1000 Trainer into the subject of FS Interfaced G1000's but life is indeed confusing at times.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

<br />I'd buy the Flight1 C510 Mustang - it's definitely a GA aircraft.  Probably the best G1000 simulation out there right now:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustang' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.flight1.c...oduct=f1mustang</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />I agree, Flight1 makes the best G1000s there is in existence within Flight Simulator's 25 year history. The only other G1000 aircraft I've known so far that's exactly payware was Lionheart's Epic Victory, which is rather simplified but still slightly more functional than the default FSX G1000. Combining the skills of the G1000 with the Sorcerer TruTrak was a pleasure for me, both utilities are easier to use, yet still far more functional and intuitive than that of the default G1000 and the more familiar Bendix King AP. Dave.

why you introduced a non FS Interfaced, standalone G1000 Trainer into the subject of FS Interfaced G1000's but life is indeed confusing at times.:(
So the guy would know he has got affordable and highly accurate PC-based alternatives outside of FS. Information exchange is one of the purpose of this forum exists, right? This was hardly an off topic comment. I was not sending him to the nearest commercial FBO facility with G1000 FTDs.Second reason - having fun reading predictable and defensive replies from some of the commercial members. LOL.gif

So, I hope not going off-topic......Does anyone try Mindstar Aviation G1000 integrated glass cockpit?I've Eaglesoft DA-42 with its own (tailored) G1000, bt I know Mindtar is 100% (with FSX limitation) like real one counterpart.1) on FPS how it it?2) is certified for WAAS approaches?3) on Mindstar site G1000 for Windows 7/Vista in still under beta, is correct?Thanks for reply

Riccardo