Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Appeal to CH Yoke + iFly 737 pilots

Can you engage CMD or CWS on climbout?If so, please tell me how you did it cos mine simply refuses.And yes, I have posted over there but the hints Steve and "the team" have given havent yet done the trick.

Open the Styles.ini in your iFly \ 737NG folder.Find the line called JoystickSensitivity and change the number into something very high, e.g. 100000Of course it's only a temporary solution and I believe the support team will fix it.But it's working, so we can live with it till then.

I got tired of wrestling with all of my addons and long ago I surrendered the shortcomings of CH's antiquated technology, less than stellar hardware design, and refusal to update software more regularly to the relatively inexpensive solution provided by a flight sim loving, cranky old man. I use the payware version of FSUIPC to control all of my buttons and switches.

I use the payware version of FSUIPC to control all of my buttons and switches
Sure, Chuck, me too. But this time it's a problem on the iFly side or, more precisely, the interaction between CHY and iFly 737. I use my CH yoke also for several other professional aircraft without the mentioned problem.

Thanks, Rafal. I thought the OP may not have thought or wanted to use the payware FSUIPC which has always eliminated any like problems I have ever had in the past. I guess I spoke out of school becuase I don't use any of my hardware -- CH Yoke or Control Panel or goFlight switches -- to invoke those specific commands.Carry on, young man! :(

Can you engage CMD or CWS on climbout?If so, please tell me how you did it cos mine simply refuses.And yes, I have posted over there but the hints Steve and "the team" have given havent yet done the trick.
Yes!I have a CH yoke, pedals, and throttle quadrant. I calibrate all of them through FSUIPC, and I have been able to get it to engage CMD & CWS by simply increasing the null zone a bit on the ailerons and elevator. I didn't have to touch the sensitivity slider. Hope this helps. -Robert

Sorry - I should have said, no CH software and everything calibrated through a registered FSUIPC.I hope I have got it sorted now - kept making the nullzone bigger until it engaged. Which, if Id had a bit more patience, I could have done before coming here bothering people.Thank you.

And how have you got the elevator trimmed? Using the left-hand rocker? With "command continues when button held"?I ask cos I (and another user)am getting crazy pitching up and down on climbout, totally ignoring the AP and input heights. We´ve both posted over there and Steve is unfamiliar with this behaviour.Did you have any problem like this that you managed to cure?Thanks

And how have you got the elevator trimmed? Using the left-hand rocker? With "command continues when button held"?
Yes, that's exactly how I trim my iFly 737. No problems with that. Assigned and configured via registered FSUIPC.

I have CH's USB Yoke and Peddles and have no issue with iFly's bird (well initially I did). I've always calabrated the CH devices with thier included calibration software that comes with the yoke and peddles. The software always solved my problems in the past. I never used FSUIPC for this. :( As far as the iFly model what what is what Rafal stated above and that's using the Styles utility and adjusting the sensitivity from there...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks guys - just needed some confirmation that there wasnt any secret to getting trim and pitch right. Got it mostly sorted but LVL change is still crazy, almost vertical.

Thanks guys - just needed some confirmation that there wasnt any secret to getting trim and pitch right. Got it mostly sorted but LVL change is still crazy, almost vertical.
Most of the altitude hold/change problems (wild pitching up and down,violent descents/ascents) I see on the Ifly forumseem to be triggered from a less then correct installation i.e with AV protection on instead of off.Most persons that had that issue were able to solve it by reinstalling when sure their AV protection was off.That maybe worth investigating.

Yes, I had seen that. My first install was all but unflyable, and this is the third - the second with AV off - and is almost right. I cant believe that doing it all again would make much difference.Thanks.