Sign in to follow this  
fx4guy

FMC Crashes fsx

I have done a search but couldnt find anything that really matches this issue. I was doing a flight from jfk to kclt and wanted to delete a fix as it would be behind me. I tried to delete the point but instead it deleted the whole flight plan. I then tried to reenter the plan and it caused fsx to crash. I have had this happen several times on the ground before as well when making changes to the flight plan. So my question is how many others out there have this same issue and is there a way to step through the flt plan before take off so you can delete points you dont want. Also is there a way to delete a point while flying or do you just use the direct button on the fms. Thanks for any help.

Just in case anyone was wondering im am referring to the JS4100. I cant seem to figure out how to edit my original post so i guess ill just use the reply button.

I have done a search but couldnt find anything that really matches this issue. I was doing a flight from jfk to kclt and wanted to delete a fix as it would be behind me. I tried to delete the point but instead it deleted the whole flight plan. I then tried to reenter the plan and it caused fsx to crash. I have had this happen several times on the ground before as well when making changes to the flight plan. So my question is how many others out there have this same issue and is there a way to step through the flt plan before take off so you can delete points you dont want. Also is there a way to delete a point while flying or do you just use the direct button on the fms. Thanks for any help.
I don't think anyone has reported this particular issue before.That's an issue we'd have to try to recreate ourselves before we could give you an answer.IOW we'd need to know what flight plan you had loaded and exactly what changes you made to that plan (ie exactly what fix/waypoint you tried to delete), and the sequence of steps you took to change that particular plan that caused the result you are reporting.Regards.Ernie.(J41 FMS dev)

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks Ernie I will get you that info later today Ill have to see if i can find the plan i used. As far as what i did that wont be an issue. As far as having it crash on the ground it seems like the more mistakes you make and have to delete and reenter causes the issue. I do know of at least one other guy that has the same problem. Now keep in mind this isnt an everyday occurrence. It really seems kind of random as we have both been programing the fmc and deleted the same stuff and one of us will have a crash and the other wont. However I will get you the flight plan and give you my steps. It could also just be an operator error thing as well.Ok was able to find easier then i thought. Also by looking at this flt plan i think i entered it wrong which is why on of the points would have been behind me. So here is the flt plan which i got from flighaware.com.KJFK RBV J230 COPES J75 GVE LYH SUDSY3 KCLTI think I put LHY instead of LYH and needed to delete lhy. I also noticed that i was pushing the limit distance wise so was trying to make some short cuts. Now as far as what i did. I went to the flt plan page clicked LHY then erase which didnt work so then I clicked erase which deleted the flight plan. So then I just clicked arrive put in kclt and picked the sudsy3 arrival and then everything stopped and crashed to the desktop. I was at alt and on J75 or had just passed COPES. I hope this is what you needed from me. If not let me know and I will try and break it down better for you.thanks again for all your help.

I went to the flt plan page clicked LHY then erase which didnt work so then I clicked erase which deleted the flight plan. So then I just clicked arrive put in kclt and picked the sudsy3 arrival and then everything stopped and crashed to the desktop. I was at alt and on J75 or had just passed COPES. I hope this is what you needed from me. If not let me know and I will try and break it down better for you.
Now that I have more details, I know what the issue is.It was also reported in the thread below in March (Hmm coulda sworn I had a post there confirming the issue was reproduced).http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280107-ctd-selecting-star/It does that whenever you try to add a STAR or an APPR to flight plan without both a departure and destination point.When you deleted the flight plan, and re-entered only the destination, the issue came up when you tried to enter the STAR into the plan.The issue was addressed for SP2, we changed it that it will automatically insert your present position (wpt PPOS) as the departure point ifyou try and enter a STAR/APPR without a departure point in the flight plan.The workaround till then is when you create a new flight plan always ensure you create a departure and a destination point first before addingany arrival procedures.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks for the information Ernie. If you could answer just one other question for me is there a way to step through the plan before taxi like you can in the Boeing type FMC. Thanks again for your help.

The only option you have is to scroll through the plan is the PRV/NXT buttons on left side.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg