Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

PMDG Forum

Hi everyone, just of late Ive noticed the quality of subject matter in this Forum has somewhat declined probably due to the long wait for product releases and getting a bit fed up. Certainly some of the big name simmers have been conspicuous by their absence (they will know who they are). I feel this partly due to the fact that the financial situation around the world is having a big part in what people have to spend on necessities and what they have left to spend on FS aircraft etc. I personally need a new high end Graphics card and I am saving like mad to buy one on top of the cost of the new 737ngx. Bear in mind the euphoria of the Airsimmer A320 which to all accounts has hit the skids and LevelD 757 according to the latest post on 11.8.10 is going nowhere fast. I mention these items as I feel that the PMDG developers must be wrapped up in this financial scenario also as they cannot be exempt bearing in mind the post by Captain Robert some months ago about the feasability of FS9 and FSX products. The bottom line is that PMDG stated the 737ngx would be available in 2010 and in order to keep their integrity intact they will do their best to meet this target and if not they will give a good reason why not. In the meantime use their other aircraft with the same vigour you would give to the 737ngx and let go of your frustrations. richard welsh.

Hi everyone, just of late Ive noticed the quality of subject matter in this Forum has somewhat declined probably due to the long wait for product releases and getting a bit fed up. Certainly some of the big name simmers have been conspicuous by their absence (they will know who they are). I feel this partly due to the fact that the financial situation around the world is having a big part in what people have to spend on necessities and what they have left to spend on FS aircraft etc. I personally need a new high end Graphics card and I am saving like mad to buy one on top of the cost of the new 737ngx. Bear in mind the euphoria of the Airsimmer A320 which to all accounts has hit the skids and LevelD 757 according to the latest post on 11.8.10 is going nowhere fast. I mention these items as I feel that the PMDG developers must be wrapped up in this financial scenario also as they cannot be exempt bearing in mind the post by Captain Robert some months ago about the feasability of FS9 and FSX products. The bottom line is that PMDG stated the 737ngx would be available in 2010 and in order to keep their integrity intact they will do their best to meet this target and if not they will give a good reason why not. In the meantime use their other aircraft with the same vigour you would give to the 737ngx and let go of your frustrations. richard welsh.
Hello Richard,I agree to and support the sentiment of your thread as a whole, as this has been brought up by PMDG themselves in the past, but "big name simmers" ? Excuse me? What's the definition of that? Do I smell elitism here? The great thing about this community is the diversity. People from all around the world, real life pilots and maintenance, arm chair pilots, high school students ect. all gather to enjoy PMDGs excellent products and share their experience. No offense, that term just seems odd.Regards

Hi Alexander, I agree with your breakdown of the term "big name simmers" but I can assure you there was no elitism referred. It was my way of referring to those simmers who are fortunate in acquiring and retaining knowledge of flight simulation and at the same time passing this knowledge to others like myself who sometimes depend on this information and applying it to their system. In hindsight it might have used another term less controversial. richard welsh.