Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Lund

Strange MD11 problem

Guest Peter Lund

Hi guys,I don´t know how to explain the problem, but the picture might say it allWOA8245.jpgAnother disturbing picture, notice the altitude on the PFD and the one on top of the screenWOA8245a.jpgI have no idea why it happens and I always experience this issue over Russia and China. I am flying on Vatsim, with ASE and on normal time.Disconnecting the autopilot is the only way I can reduce the thrust.Hope you can help me.Best regardsPeter Lund

Hi.For the issue in the first picture is because the altitude is set in meters. You can change back by clicking on the small button above where you select new altitudes for the autopilot.Also the issue in the second picture is the wrong qnh i think. May be wrong with both of these but im trying to help ;). You can solve this by pressing B on your keyboard. Hope this works?James Roberts

James Roberts

Hi Peter,i see 3 problems in your screenshots:1.) the much too high TAT (Total Air Temperature) at your flightlevel (it happens sometimes when using MD-11 with ASA/ASE)  HIFSIM said they fixed the problem in ASE build 572, i told Jim Skorna in June they haven't. It still occurs on several spots all over the world. (i had it e.g crossing the Himalayas)If it happens next time, put the text of your ASE Mainpage in an email and send it to the developers. Jim said to me it could be helpful.I'm just wondering, this issue happens normally in combination with  3 EICAS EGT warnings and lost of thrust. My personal workaround is to open FS weather, set it to "clear sky" and reload ASE weather then. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. This way i got it solved every time.2.) the overspeedsyou can prevent it with the recommended ASE settings. If i remeber well, you can find this settings at AVSIM, too. (DWC, windshifts)3.) the difference between FS altitude and altitude tape.no really idea on that, but i mean, there is no cause between flying metric and your shown issue.regards