Sign in to follow this  
jonny

Select value case

Hi,I have this code in a gauge:...<Element> <Position X="8" Y="8"/> <Select> <Value>(L:Valt, number)</Value> <Case Value="0"> <Image Name="none.bmp"/> </Case> <Case Value="1"> <Image Name="nav1.bmp"/> </Case> <Case Value="2"> <Text X="42" Y="12" Bright="Yes" Length="5" Font="Arial" Color="#00FF00" Adjust="Right" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No" Fixed="No"> <String>NAV 2</String> </Text> </Case> </Select> </Element>...Value 0 and 1 show up the bmp file OK,but for value 2 I get nothing!What is wrong in my code or is it impossible to use Text-String in a Case block?/Jonny

I'm not really an expert, but I can't a font size for Case 2.

Hi,If this is for FSX:I haven't tried it, but try to enclose the whole Select structure into an additional Element.FSX seems to be very picky on the syntax of Element nesting, and I have a few examples of my xml gauges that worked fine in FS9, but had to add another Element structure because a bitmap or textstring wouldn't show up in FSX.Example:

<Element>   <Visible>    (A:SPOILERS LEFT POSITION,percent) 10 >  </Visible>  <Position X="52" Y="24"/>   <Text X="47" Y="12" Length="10" Font="arial bold" FontSize="12" Color="#FF0000" Adjust="Left">    <String>AIRBRK</String>   </Text> </Element> 

works fine in FS9, but not in FSX (won't display the string AIRBRK)If I change it to

<Element>   <Visible>    (A:SPOILERS LEFT POSITION,percent) 10 >  </Visible>  <Element>    <Position X="52" Y="24"/>     <Text X="47" Y="12" Length="10" Font="arial bold" FontSize="12" Color="#FF0000" Adjust="Left">      <String>AIRBRK</String>     </Text>   </Element> </Element> 

it works fine in FSX.RobPS: Next time, use the "Insert code snippet" function to insert XML code into a post; makes it a lot more readable :-)

Thank's for the answers so far.My code is for FS9.I do think my problem has to do with the <Case>..</Case> block. When I have an <Image..> in the block all works fine. But when I try to write a text in the gauge nothing happend. I try to find somthing about this in tutorials on the net and in MS SDK but I can't find any detailed manual.Anyone with a good hint!!??/jonny

Thank's for the answers so far.My code is for FS9.I do think my problem has to do with the <Case>..</Case> block. When I have an <Image..> in the block all works fine. But when I try to write a text in the gauge nothing happend. I try to find somthing about this in tutorials on the net and in MS SDK but I can't find any detailed manual.Anyone with a good hint!!??/jonny
Have you actually set the font height? Using the ACES tool for FSX, the the string doesn't display unless FontHeight is set to a non-zero-value.

Hello there!You are using the wrong sintax, the sintax for "case" statements using text elements is different from the one using image elements. So if you want to use a text string you have to change your sintax to something like:<String>%((L:Var, number))%{case}%{:0}%Text0%{:1}%Text1%{:2}%Text2%{end}%</String>I haven't done it but I think you can mix bmp's using this sintax, you may like to search in the forum :).Javier

Hello there!You are using the wrong sintax, the sintax for "case" statements using text elements is different from the one using image elements. So if you want to use a text string you have to change your sintax to something like:<String>%((L:Var, number))%{case}%{:0}%Text0%{:1}%Text1%{:2}%Text2%{end}%</String>I haven't done it but I think you can mix bmp's using this sintax, you may like to search in the forum :).Javier
Hi Javier!And thank's very much, the code works perfect and I am very happy!Sorry, it is almost impossible to find a good manual for XML-gauge syntax./Jonny

Not "almost impossible." It is impossible!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Try this, Rob B is right, I had to nest text elements in a few gauges so they would work.

<Element>    <Position X="8" Y="8" />    <Select>      <Value>(L:Valt, number)</Value>      <Case Value="0">        <Image Name="none.bmp" />      </Case>      <Case Value="1">        <Image Name="nav1.bmp" />      </Case>    </Select>    <Element>      <Position X="8" Y="8" />      <Visible>(L:Valt, number) 2 == </Visible>      <Text X="42" Y="12" Bright="Yes" Length="5" Font="Arial" Color="#00FF00" Adjust="Right" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No" Fixed="No">        <String>NAV 2</String>      </Text>    </Element>  </Element>

I have plenty of text gauges without Font size being declared. They self adjust to the x, y, length descriptors...Don

Try this, Rob B is right, I had to nest text elements in a few gauges so they would work.
  <Element>    <Position X="8" Y="8" />    <Select>      <Value>(L:Valt, number)</Value>      <Case Value="0">        <Image Name="none.bmp" />      </Case>      <Case Value="1">        <Image Name="nav1.bmp" />      </Case>    </Select>    <Element>      <Position X="8" Y="8" />      <Visible>(L:Valt, number) 2 == </Visible>      <Text X="42" Y="12" Bright="Yes" Length="5" Font="Arial" Color="#00FF00" Adjust="Right" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No" Fixed="No">        <String>NAV 2</String>      </Text>    </Element>  </Element>

I have plenty of text gauges without Font size being declared. They self adjust to the x, y, length descriptors...Don

Hi!Or just separate the elements, not need to nested them, the </Visible> tag does the trick. I haven't try it but using the text string alternative the code would be like this:<String>%((L:Var, number))%{case}%{:0}%\{img1}%{:1}%\{img2}%{:2}%Text2%{end}%</String>But before you got to define the images to be used with <Image Name="Image.bmp" etc...</Image> in the text element you are using there is not need to use the </Case> tag again for the images definitions.Javier