Having some issues getting thermals to perform properly using ASE and FS9.... When I create a thermal manually in ASE I am getting no response or representation of the thermal in FS9... Tried creating some pretty big (1000fpm) thermals to check and the glider isn't responding at all. ASE is working fine in all other respects and I am seeing turbulence during my flights... I am also getting the messages "up/downdraught generated" and "thermal generated" as I fly along yet they just dont seem to be appearing in FS9.My wind settings all seem to be correct - both thermal sliders are set at 50% and 1000fpm for the up/downdraught sliders and I have got FSUIPC set to "weather settings off"....Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?

Hi,Also, make sure that FSUIPC is set to default settings. Give me the steps you are using to create the thermal and I'll look over that as well.

Hi,Also, make sure that FSUIPC is set to default settings. Give me the steps you are using to create the thermal and I'll look over that as well.
Thanks for your reply....Ok for example I get ASE running then set myself up at an airport in the sailplane and let ASE complete its initial weather depiction. I then go back to ASE under the options "thermals" tab and click "create new". I leave the base and upper alt at default (200+10200) and give it a good strength (1000fpm) and wide range (5) for max coverage area. then click apply/save. Go back into FS9 after a few moments to allow it to generate the thermal and slew up to saw 5000 feet and... nothing! No evidence of thermal activity at all... the sailplane just slowly descends.... Seems odd as I am getting the message "thermal generated:990fpm etc...." on the main screen but it does not seem to be implemented.

Hi,Has the glider you are using been used in any other situations where it has "glided". I just want to eliminate the plane as the possible issue.

Hi,Has the glider you are using been used in any other situations where it has "glided". I just want to eliminate the plane as the possible issue.
Hi,It's the default FS9 glider....

Hi,OK, do you have another glider you can try? I am really not sure of anything else. I know others have generated thermals and such.