Sign in to follow this  
WilloW_737

setting correct time in FS9

HI;Just getting back into FS after a hiatus of 2 years thereabouts.How do you ensure that the FS9 settings default to your current date and time. I have tried many combinations but it never seems to work correctly.I want to know as I am using active sky evolution and this program requires a correct FS time to sync with weather updates.Thanks, IainPS - later on I'll read through other posts and see if I can help someone too!

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

HI;Just getting back into FS after a hiatus of 2 years thereabouts.How do you ensure that the FS9 settings default to your current date and time. I have tried many combinations but it never seems to work correctly.I want to know as I am using active sky evolution and this program requires a correct FS time to sync with weather updates.Thanks, IainPS - later on I'll read through other posts and see if I can help someone too!
You can do it using fsuipc, It is somewhere in the options within fsuipc(registered version of course)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi All,Be aware that if using any time sync program that if FS needs to adjust the time, it will also need to re-load the scenery and traffic. This means that you could get a black screen and the status bar showing, especially during long flights.

I use FS Realtime Version 1.65.1. Works great.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Thanks. I found the tab in my registered version of FSUPIC.Time sync now to real time, however, the real time is synced to US time. When I then change the airport and location from KSEA to YMHB (Australia) the date is correct, but the local time is wrong and requires a re set.Any idea how to have FS9 sync to Australia and not USANo big deal, but if Active Sky Evolution is to work correctly I understand that the time must be correct at time of FS9 opening.Thanks for the note RESET MCP ALT re; "real time" I'll check that out. Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

I have used FS Real Time for years.Most recently today.Free updates for years.No problems with it.Does a lot of fancy stuff too.Price is right too.I like it a lot!You can even tell it to stop updating .. and resume whenever if you do not want scenery to update much... or well, you can read more at their site.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have used FS Real Time for years.Most recently today.Free updates for years.No problems with it.Does a lot of fancy stuff too.Price is right too.I like it a lot!You can even tell it to stop updating .. and resume whenever if you do not want scenery to update much... or well, you can read more at their site.
Or smaller, much cheaper and not full of fancy stuff:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=81824But I'm not sure we are answering the initial question correctly?To make FS start up within the correct time zone, save the default startup file at a local location.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Or smaller, much cheaper and not full of fancy stuff:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=81824But I'm not sure we are answering the initial question correctly?To make FS start up within the correct time zone, save the default startup file at a local location.John
To make FS9.1 or FSX start up within the correct time zone with FS Real Time you do not have to "save the default startup file at a local location".And, if you go (cross) into another country/time zone on your flight the time "updates" to the new time zone automatically ...if you like fancy stuff like that and more!Does the program you are talking about do that (stuff) and work in FS9.1 and FSX? Price .. much cheaper? .. well, it does cost $10 US !

Best Regards,

Iain ,Glad you like it.The more I use it (does a bunch of stuff!) the more I like it.Free updates as well.Verify now that you have the newest version.You will never have to worry about changing time zones again!And you can always "discontinue" Time Updates when 100 NM or so from destination so no odd stuff before approach and landing .Have a timely flight!

Best Regards,

To make FS9.1 or FSX start up within the correct time zone with FS Real Time you do not have to "save the default startup file at a local location".And, if you go (cross) into another country/time zone on your flight the time "updates" to the new time zone automatically ...if you like fancy stuff like that and more!Does the program you are talking about do that (stuff) and work in FS9.1 and FSX? Price .. much cheaper? .. well, it does cost $10 US !
I don't really see the point you are making? What I am saying is that there is no real need to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
  1. Saving a default startup file at your home time zone will start FS at the correct time in any part of the world. It seems the sensible thing for anybody to do.
  2. If you want that to update constantly, with its mentioned associated effects on AI traffic, then the software I suggested has a tiny footprint and is totally free.
  3. I have no idea if it works with FSX and the question is irrelevant to this discussion which is in a FS9/2004 forum and is headed "setting correct time in FS9"
  4. The time zone corrections that people think they are paying for when buying FS Realtime are actually available free of charge in the AVSIM download library: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fs+timezone++++++Dennis+Thompson&CatID=root&Go=Search
  5. If you need other features provided in FS Realtime, then of course buy it but for most people's needs the above should be totally adequate.

John

John,I looked at your link to the many world wide scenery (BGL) file updates (dated April 2004) for FS9 only.Do you think these scenery changes will work ok with other payware scenery?Well, anyway, I see the author even "highly recommends" Joshua Robertson's "FS Real Time".That recommendation was all I really needed to see!scenery.jpg

Best Regards,

I looked at your link to the many world wide scenery (BGL) file updates (dated April 2004) for FS9 only.
They aren't scenery files, they are revisions to FS's time zones. So they will have no effect on any add-on sceneries other than to correct the time zone if it is incorrect.To my knowledge these files, and those included with FS RealTime haven't been updated for years because there is nothing to update. As I said I have no idea as to whether they work with FSX but do bear in mind that a readme file written in 2004 wouldn't be able to guess that either. If it is of concern to you, it would be more appropriate to ask on the FSX forum.John

To my knowledge these files, and those included with FS RealTime haven't been updated for years because there is nothing to update.
I've seen many Windows updates address time zone issues/changes the past couple of years, some very recent. So I'm guessing some things have changed since 2004 and could be changed in those time zone files as well.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time#Computinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylight_saving_timeYour previous post was well said though.:(

Mike...

They aren't scenery files, they are revisions to FS's time zones. So they will have no effect on any add-on sceneries other than to correct the time zone if it is incorrect.To my knowledge these files, and those included with FS RealTime haven't been updated for years because there is nothing to update. As I said I have no idea as to whether they work with FSX but do bear in mind that a readme file written in 2004 wouldn't be able to guess that either. If it is of concern to you, it would be more appropriate to ask on the FSX forum.John
****Why do you mention FSX and I should post over there?You cautioned me several times about this being a FS9 forum.Why the posting lesson here?First up, I do not need a time keeping program or time zones for FS9 or FSX?But, while giving information in any forum, it is ok to "include" which Sims are supported by the files or software in question.Or, do you see that as a problem?You mentioned: "As I said I have no idea as to whether they work with FSX"And, also bear in mind I never asked about that.But, if I really wanted to know, I would ask the author.I mentioned scenery in my post simply (see screenshot) because that is what I seen in your link.I do not personally know about various BGL types, how they interact with other scenery files or if any other updates are required. For example, going from FS9 to FS 9.1 some programming may have changed and what worked in FS9 may have shuttle problems in FS9.1.I stopped reading the authors read.me document when I seen the author say that he:"highly recommends" Joshua Robertson's "FS Real Time" for his BGL files! Screen2.jpg

Best Regards,