Sign in to follow this  
WilloW_737

setting correct time in FS9

****Why do you mention FSX and I should post over there?You cautioned me several times about this being a FS9 forum.Why the posting lesson here?First up, I do not need a time keeping program or time zones for FS9 or FSX?But, while giving information in any forum, it is ok to "include" which Sims are supported by the files or software in question.Or, do you see that as a problem?You mentioned: "As I said I have no idea as to whether they work with FSX"And, also bear in mind I never asked about that.But, if I really wanted to know, I would ask the author.
I simply suggested that because, in an earlier post, you asked:Does the program you are talking about do that (stuff) and work in FS9.1 and FSX?But you do know the answer. At http://forum.avsim.net/topic/282492-fs9-local-time-is-wrong/page__p__1752829__hl__realtime__fromsearch__1#entry1752829 you say:FS Real Time works in FS9 and FSX. And at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/282492-fs9-local-time-is-wrong/page__p__1752829__hl__realtime__fromsearch__1#entry1752829you say:I use FS RealTime to fix it.so you do use it.I'm not wasting any more of my time. It is clear from your persistent irrelevant questions then and now that you know more about FS Realtime than anybody who buys the product.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

I've seen many Windows updates address time zone issues/changes the past couple of years, some very recent. So I'm guessing some things have changed since 2004 and could be changed in those time zone files as well.
Yes, good point.I was under the impression that Dennis Thompson's files simply re-position erroneous time zones permanently. I'm not sure if they apply seasonal corrections - I always assumed that point of change was set in stone in FS2004.Best wishes,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Iain ,Glad you like it.The more I use it (does a bunch of stuff!) the more I like it.Free updates as well.Verify now that you have the newest version.You will never have to worry about changing time zones again!And you can always "discontinue" Time Updates when 100 NM or so from destination so no odd stuff before approach and landing .Have a timely flight!
Hi VaughanThanks for putting me onto this - saves me loads of time and frustration when setting up FS9. Take care, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

Hi VaughanThanks for putting me onto this - saves me loads of time and frustration when setting up FS9. Take care, Iain
****I know what you mean about setting things up. If not done properly you end up with a real mess.Just wanted to check and verify that during the FSRealTime version 1.91.1 installation:That you "checked" the boxes to have optional (free) World TimeZones Scenery files automatically installed for FS9 (and FSX if you have it) during the installation process? Also, next time FS9 / FSX is started it will say rebuilding the scenery database, which is normal.Go fly through those time zones now ..

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

****I know what you mean about setting things up. If not done properly you end up with a real mess.Just wanted to check and verify that during the FSRealTime version 1.91.1 installation:That you "checked" the boxes to have optional (free) World TimeZones Scenery files automatically installed for FS9 (and FSX if you have it) during the installation process? Also, next time FS9 / FSX is started it will say rebuilding the scenery database, which is normal.Go fly through those time zones now ..
Ah that explains the rebuild when I restart FS9. I hadn't given it much thought as I had been installing some scenery files. But I thought it odd it kept rebuilding every few times i opened FS9. have fun, Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

Iain,Ok,When you start FS next time (first screen) go to (I edited)"Settings/Scenery".The top one should now be World TimeZones Scenery.Is so, you are OK ...Just exit out of that screen.Have a good flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello all:Just a quick update on using the real time program (FSReal Time)Since installing this program, syncing FS9 and the correct time has been exceptionally easy. Literally, a click of the button and the program configures the sim to my current time at the location.Just thought I'd let others know on how this program is behaving a year or so since beginning to use it.Iain

WilloW (YMHB)

flaps2approach.com
B737-800 simulator

Does this program , still make AI traffic reload and make them look like a formation of bombers? And that freeware program fs synch , same thing? I used this program some years ago and it was very annoying. Give some light please!Straight%20Face.gif