Sign in to follow this  
jfv

Eaglesoft Citation X Frustrations

I just bought the Citation and am having problems...EDITED BY ADMINJack, we can live without this kind of poetry...Thx!David OK, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm trying toload a plan into the FMS, it doesnt work. I load into thegps, hit the key that's claimed to pull it from there, andnothing....OK, so, no problem, I go to the flight plan list, errr, nothingthere, I look up, I look down, and I see nothing explained anywhereabout where this list is supposed to be in the filesystem, becauseit sure doesnt seem to be looking in the default FSX location, because everyone else sees a lot of flight plans there.Help?

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Man, I can tell you stories about those are-you-a-robot?-things. So you have my full respect for this but you should keep trying that thing, because their forum really helps a lot.Those guys are reading here too, so maybe you get an extra chance on this.As for the flight plan. It loads the plan that FSX has in mind, so you have to load your file on the FSX flight planner first and then use the option in the Honeywell FMC to look for "FS plan".You're right, it doesn't use the default location of FSX plan files.

Man, I can tell you stories about those are-you-a-robot?-things. So you have my full respect for this but you should keep trying that thing, because their forum really helps a lot.Those guys are reading here too, so maybe you get an extra chance on this.As for the flight plan. It loads the plan that FSX has in mind, so you have to load your file on the FSX flight planner first and then use the option in the Honeywell FMC to look for "FS plan".You're right, it doesn't use the default location of FSX plan files.
I got lucky and figured out the anti-bot string :)As for the plan that FSX has in mind, that does not seem to work either, I select the plane, go to flight planner, load my plan,then once in the cockpit there is a 'FRM FS GPS' button, that the one you mean? Well, pushing that does nothing. I triedreloading the plan AFTER I spawned it at the airport thinking that might make a diff, but no, still nothing.

You should look into your C:\Eaglesoft Development Group\ESDG Documentation\ESCX20X Documents folder and check, if the example plans are there (KLAS-KLAX_X.pln). They triggered the "load from FS" function somehow.I deleted them on my first install and never managed to get a FSX plan loaded. After I put them back, everything went fine again. Don't ask my why this worked.I think they've stated this behavior somewhere in the manuals too.If still doesn't work, use your newly created forum account because they have this problem solved in their forums too. It's a user created problem, I can tell.

Yes, that one plan is there, I don't think I understand what you are saying.Do you mean every plan has to have some magic strings in it to work? Do youmean additional plans have to be put into THIS directory?When I push the show plans button the KLAS-KLAX doesnt show up either, if whatI understand you to say were the case I would expect that.There is something in a note about the FSX install, please dont tell me thisstupid thing wont work if you don't install in just one magic path?Sigh...

No worries. You don't have to put every plan there. I just wanted to say that the tutorial file should always stay there and without it (being in this directory) the import FS plan function did not work on my system.The process to import flight plans to the FMS still is to load one via FSX flight planner and then import it. If this doesn't work, the ES forum helps. This is one common (user) problem there.

I just bought the Citation and am having problems...I'm trying toload a plan into the FMS, it doesnt work. I load into thegps, hit the key that's claimed to pull it from there, andnothing....OK, so, no problem, I go to the flight plan list, errr, nothingthere, I look up, I look down, and I see nothing explained anywhereabout where this list is supposed to be in the filesystem, becauseit sure doesnt seem to be looking in the default FSX location, because everyone else sees a lot of flight plans there.Help?
I lived through this myself, and do believe that if you read the documentation carefully,you will find the exact instructions.. So, rather than pulling out your hair, I would suggestyou follow the tutorial to the letter and if any questions, use the Eaglesoft support forumwhere you will get answers to any questions you might have.First of all, the Citation differentiates between flightplans that were built in the FMSand subsequently saved and FS built flight plans, including the "current FS flightplan". The former show up in the list and the latter can be loaded, using the FRM FS GPS button if active in the FSX flight planner.From the manual:"An FS Built Flight Plan is built in the default FS Flight Planneror third party Flight Planner which follows the default naming convention and ismanually saved in the default FS Plan Folder.FS Built Plans should be manually preloaded from the default Flight Planner Menuprior to selection at (LSK 4L) FRM FS GPS in the FMS as illustrated below."

Bert

How long do you need to usually wait.. I registered 4 days ago and still no word from forum administrators.
Email me the username.... Now activated.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Email me the username.... Now activated.Big%20Grin.gif
Eaglesoft forum down? And if it isn't down why did my username N6520R get deleted off of the forum? I am having problems myself trying to load the default FSX flight plan with the Citation X 2.0. With the flight plan pre-loaded into FSX. I have tried basically all the same things as the gentleman in the above post. If my username did get deleted it kinda ticks me off due to the fact I buy a product don't use it for awhile and now on one of my day's off. I decide to use the program and I haven't used it in a long time and now I need support and I am gonna have to wait probably till next weekend when I have time off to try to use it again.

Eaglesoft forum down? And if it isn't down why did my username N6520R get deleted off of the forum? I am having problems myself trying to load the default FSX flight plan with the Citation X 2.0. With the flight plan pre-loaded into FSX. I have tried basically all the same things as the gentleman in the above post. If my username did get deleted it kinda ticks me off due to the fact I buy a product don't use it for awhile and now on one of my day's off. I decide to use the program and I haven't used it in a long time and now I need support and I am gonna have to wait probably till next weekend when I have time off to try to use it again.
The ES forum was hacked a while back and users will need to re-register.DJ

The ES forum was hacked a while back and users will need to re-register.DJ
Thank You Sir. Appreciate the info and man you are quick on the draw this post was answered fast. Happy Landings,

Thank You Sir. Appreciate the info and man you are quick on the draw this post was answered fast. Happy Landings,
My pleasure...DJ

Thank You Sir. Appreciate the info and man you are quick on the draw this post was answered fast.Happy Landings,
Now activated...:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png