Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest volcom1720

MD-11 X

Guest volcom1720

Hi there,I'm thinking about buying the PMDG MD-11 X except I'm not too sure about the fps and how my computer will handle it.My PC Specs are:Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ6700 @ 2.66 GHz4GB RAMNvidia GForce 8800GTWindows Vista Home Premium 32 BitSanji

Hi there,I'm thinking about buying the PMDG MD-11 X except I'm not too sure about the fps and how my computer will handle it.My PC Specs are:Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ6700 @ 2.66 GHz4GB RAMNvidia GForce 8800GTWindows Vista Home Premium 32 BitSanji
I can tell you right now, the first thing people are gonna tell you is to upgrade to a 64 bit operating system. You can't even take advantage of the 4GB of ram you have without one. Also, I don't know if you can overclock that particular CPU, but if you can do it and keep the temp low, I would. Not sure about the graphics card, cause I've heard that running FSX smoothly has more to do with CPU speed, but someone here will know.

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I have similar specs as you(see sig). I have it and I get good frames except in the cockpit I get a little bit lower. Although I have lowered my settings (mediumish) to allow me to get a smooth 17 in the cockpit and 25 outside.

Have a very similar system, and can run the md-11. You will need to turn settings down in complex areas but it will run smooth.

Tim Smith   

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg