Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Imagine Sim Atlanta

Guys, I was thinking about buying this Scenery for FSX, it cost $30 US...which is a little more then I'd like to spend for a scenery addon. First of all I wanted to know if the Scenery is "current"...has there been new runways, taxi ways, gates etc added to the real Atlanta? Next how about performance, and finally is it good or not? ThanksRon Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have it, but I haven't had much of a chance to fly there. I will say from a brief overview, it looks accurate to the current airport; can't say if every gate is exactly correct, but it's close. Customer support is not good with IS, but their sceneries are pretty nice. I've heard of a night issue regarding runway lights at KATL if you have the MS Acceleration pack, not sure if that's been corrected yet. Also, if you buy through Simmarket, and are willing to buy 3 airports or more, they can be bought for $16 each. Performance wise, it's just a tad behind my FSDT sceneries.

The night issue at KATL has been fixed. Watch out for some of there other products though because they still have issues. I think KLGA, MYNN, KCVG and TJSJ are ok but you will need to download a patch. I don't know if the installers at Simmarket contain the patch. Why? They don't date any of their files so it is impossible to tell.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

if you plan on mip mapping the textures and fixing the AFCAD then I say go for it. One other thing is that the runway night lighting looks bad in the v2. Also, they have no support and rarely will respond to emails. I now like it after doing the mip mapping and getting some help from a friend in fixing the AFCAD + nobody else has done KATL.

Jim Wenham

if you plan on mip mapping the textures and fixing the AFCAD then I say go for it. One other thing is that the runway night lighting looks bad in the v2. Also, they have no support and rarely will respond to emails. I now like it after doing the mip mapping and getting some help from a friend in fixing the AFCAD + nobody else has done KATL.
Can you send me the Mip Maps.....I hate shimmering so much , i dont know why dev's dont include mip maps. ThanksRon Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Request same as Ron, it would be much appreciated. blauelini [at] gmail.comThanks so much

Eric 

Just open the files in the texture folder using ImageTool then select create mipmaps and then save.

Jim Wenham

Just open the files in the texture folder using ImageTool then select create mipmaps and then save.
What texrures, where and what is Image Tool? ThanksRon Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

The texture folder where you have your ImagineSim KATL installed is where the files are that need to be mipmapped. Imagetool is with the SDK that came with FS. If you dont know where those items are I would suggest that you not try to mipmap the textures. I will not simply hand out a free copy of the scenery so you guys are going to have to figure it out.

Jim Wenham

Are all the files in the texture folder run through imagetool?

Eric 

Are all the files in the texture folder run through imagetool?
Yes that is what I did. Open them in ImageTool and select create MipMaps then save. When your done saving them all... no more shimmering.

Jim Wenham

Yes that is what I did. Open them in ImageTool and select create MipMaps then save. When your done saving them all... no more shimmering.
Did you use a batch file or convert them individually?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I would select 10 or 15 at a time and open them at once and then make the mipmaps and save them 1 at a time. Didnt take that long and you get faster as you move along.

Jim Wenham

I would select 10 or 15 at a time and open them at once and then make the mipmaps and save them 1 at a time. Didnt take that long and you get faster as you move along.
Ok...thanks!

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Ok...thanks!
no problem, you will like it much better without the shimmering. BTW, if you notice that AI refuse to takeoff especially 9L let me know and I will send you the fixed AFCAD (providing you are using KATL v2)Jim

Jim Wenham