Sign in to follow this  
SMITI07

Where's your MD

Thought this could be fun.Where in the world is your MD-11? Mines cruising at fl320 over the Atlantic just south of Bermuda in the middle of the night heading to London Gatwick from Antigua as BA2126.I'm writing this while on crew rest! ;)

Guest Peter Lund

My World MD11 is in Singapore (will most likely leave for Vienna within a few hours), my Lufthansa Cargo is in Manchester and my Fedex in Paris.Best regardsPeter Lund

I'm halfway between EHAM and KSFO over Northern Canada, replicating a real world KLM flight (KLM 605 departing at 9:20z, arrival at 2112z according to FMC)Real flight route from FlightAware and ASE supplying the historical weather the real flight encountered today. About a 10 1/2 hour flight.I've recently reinstalled her after months on the LevelD 767, I love the automation and full featured VC. 5 more hours to go, will continue the flight tommorrow.

Setting in Frankfurt, Germany getting ready to head west this afternoon to Los Angeles as GEC1442(Lufthansa Cargo).Michael Cubine

I'm halfway between EHAM and KSFO over Northern Canada, replicating a real world KLM flight (KLM 605 departing at 9:20z, arrival at 2112z according to FMC)Real flight route from FlightAware and ASE supplying the historical weather the real flight encountered today. About a 10 1/2 hour flight.I've recently reinstalled her after months on the LevelD 767, I love the automation and full featured VC. 5 more hours to go, will continue the flight tommorrow.
fun!the route is called the NOR1 route and is operated by the 777 and the 747 I had also flew it with the md11 in FSX using a real word flightplan from the KLMi'm now standing in SF with the mdflyingtime 9:50 bergi sid departure and golden5 star approach recently flew it real life with KLM for holiday! aircraft : 777-306 ER PH-BVA Nationaal Park Hoge Veluwereturnflight 10:10 aircraft 777-206 ER PH-BQG Galapagos IslandsI shall send you the flightplans if you want ?

I finished the flight, it was my longest yet. 11 hours 1 minute!Bounced a little on landing, but I was rusty. I noticed on flightaware the real world a/c type is listed as "unknown", whereas a similar flight was listed as 777. I wonder if that was because it was the md11 (Ultimate Traffic 2 shows it as one of the very few flights remaining that is operated by KLM's MD11s)Here's the exact flight plan I found on flightaware that I used (Bergi3v sid, Goldn5 star, ILS 28R) BERGI L602 SUPUR UP1 ROLUM UP13 ASKAM UP59 NINEX UP59 BALIX 6300N 02000W 6600N 03000W 6800N 04000W 7000N 05000W 7100N 06000W NADMA 7100N 07000W 7000N 08000W YBB SEDAG NCAN NADEB ALSAB YSM YNY LMT J65 RBLInitial cruise alt was 32000, stepped up to 34000 for the majority of the north atlantic/iceland greenland crossing, and when back in radar range of Edmonton up to 36000, 38000 when crossing the US border.I departed at 12:11pm Amsterdam time (a 45 minute taxi because of tons of AI waiting in the queue for takeoff at 36L), and landed 2:12pm Pacific Standard. I had UT2 providing AI traffic, and I noticed the "duplicate" AI KLM605 md11 flight in cruise and landing about 10 minutes after me! Things get very boring during those long cruises, so I did some web browsing or updated the winds aloft to get a sense of my ETA and fuel remaining to keep my reserves in check.Not my traditional NAT crossing, as most of it was north of the Atlantic and over the barren land masses (I couldn't find any NAT tracks because they were all south of my crossing)My next long flight will probably be a Pacific crossing (my first) in the PMDG 747 between KSFO or KLAX and Melbourne or Sydney Australia, Qantas livery of course! It's always fun to replicate your own real life holiday travel. I travelled from London Heathrow to Bangalore India last year, and did the to and return flights in my PMDG British Airways a month after I returned, following the exact same flight plans and Sids/stars.Screenshot below taken over Greenland:

Sitting in Puerto Vallarta at the moment; next destination is across the Gulf of Mexico to Jamaica before heading down to South America.

Mines on my D:\ in my FSX folder (D:\Hangar\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG_MD11\Texture.buttplug to be exact). I'm not trying to be sarcastic here but I honestly don't remember since I am still trying to fly enough flights to afford the JS41 and will need several hundred mil before I can fly my precious MD again.It's a FSPassengers thing... :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I was just viewing the ITVV Martinair MD11 dvd (a great resource for in depth real life procedures, everything they demonstrate in flight is easily transfered to the PMDG). I downloaded the "classic" Martinair livery and will be attempting their EHAM to LEPA to and return flights next. I think thats about 2 hours for each leg.

I finished the flight, it was my longest yet. 11 hours 1 minute!Bounced a little on landing, but I was rusty. I noticed on flightaware the real world a/c type is listed as "unknown", whereas a similar flight was listed as 777. I wonder if that was because it was the md11 (Ultimate Traffic 2 shows it as one of the very few flights remaining that is operated by KLM's MD11s)Here's the exact flight plan I found on flightaware that I used (Bergi3v sid, Goldn5 star, ILS 28R) BERGI L602 SUPUR UP1 ROLUM UP13 ASKAM UP59 NINEX UP59 BALIX 6300N 02000W 6600N 03000W 6800N 04000W 7000N 05000W 7100N 06000W NADMA 7100N 07000W 7000N 08000W YBB SEDAG NCAN NADEB ALSAB YSM YNY LMT J65 RBLInitial cruise alt was 32000, stepped up to 34000 for the majority of the north atlantic/iceland greenland crossing, and when back in radar range of Edmonton up to 36000, 38000 when crossing the US border.I departed at 12:11pm Amsterdam time (a 45 minute taxi because of tons of AI waiting in the queue for takeoff at 36L), and landed 2:12pm Pacific Standard. I had UT2 providing AI traffic, and I noticed the "duplicate" AI KLM605 md11 flight in cruise and landing about 10 minutes after me! Things get very boring during those long cruises, so I did some web browsing or updated the winds aloft to get a sense of my ETA and fuel remaining to keep my reserves in check.Not my traditional NAT crossing, as most of it was north of the Atlantic and over the barren land masses (I couldn't find any NAT tracks because they were all south of my crossing)My next long flight will probably be a Pacific crossing (my first) in the PMDG 747 between KSFO or KLAX and Melbourne or Sydney Australia, Qantas livery of course! It's always fun to replicate your own real life holiday travel. I travelled from London Heathrow to Bangalore India last year, and did the to and return flights in my PMDG British Airways a month after I returned, following the exact same flight plans and Sids/stars.Screenshot below taken over Greenland:
oh wow nice shot currently i'm standing in LA before the departure to Miami and Bonaire i'll make a shot during departure from LA also I see that the flightplan you've got os the old one this is the new:STARTING WITH THE BERGI1S SID DEPARTURE THEN: BERGI AMGOD SUPUR GODOS BINBO ROKAN TINDI ROLUM ASKAM CUTEL ODMIX FORTY SUM LIRKI N66W010 N70W020 N7440W04000 N76W060 N76W070 LENIM N74W090 N713W100000 N6730W11000 TATMA GOTOL YXJ STAHL HUTON YWL WIGHT GABAL YYJ SQUIM ELMAA RBG ENI AND THE GOLDN5 STAR APPROACHall with etops 180 and 60 minutesetops 180: bikf / cyzf60: eham / egpk / cyzf / cyeg / kgeg / ksfonice flight wink.gif

Sitting in VHHX Kai Tak old ready for tomorows flight to KLAX not logged a flight plan yet. Have been heading rond the world East to West.Routes were EGPH- Edinburgh Scotland - LSZH-Zurich LSZH-Zurich- LGKO-Kos-Greece manual crosswind scary landing:Worried: LGKO-Kos-HECA-Cairo-Egypt HECA-OBBI-Bahrain OBBI-VHHX Hong Kong VHHX-KLAX-Los AngelesAfter this probably New York KJFK then back to EdinburghProbably back West to East Via South America and Austalia next time round.The joys of being a house husban due to the recession is giving me loads of hours on my MD-11 lol :( Douglas Reid

I changed my mind and will do a return trip from KSFO to EHAM. Route will be the real life flight by KLM606 (a 777) on Sunday Sept 12:SFO8 SFO SAC J32 FMG KU78M KU90Q KU09U MOT YWG 5300N 09000W 5600N 08000W 5830N 07000W LOPVI 6000N 06000W 6000N 05000W 5900N 04000W 5800N 03000W 5800N 02000W 5800N 01500W GOMUP UN572 TIR UN580 GOW UL602 OTR UL90 DOLAS UL603SFO8 Sid from 28L to Normm-SAC, Lamso1A Star, expecting ILS18C landing.I believe the routes change slightly for different days, accounting for the best winds. The route I posted above was the actual route that day by that KLM flight, and I had noticed the headwinds were manageable. I remember my return flight to KPHL from EGLL on a real life British Airways 767, they had 100 or more knot headwinds during the Atlantic crossing. I will plan ahead by getting the forecast winds from Active Sky Evolution and use TOPCAT and FSBuild to find an appropriate level of fuel for the winds. There will be tailwinds of course for the KSFO to EHAM trip, FSBuild suggesting 88000 kgs fuel, but the PMDG md11 saying its not enough. But I am sure once I input all the actual wind data into the FMC, I should have enough reserves when I arrive. The one thing I wish was available (like there is for the 767 and 747) is a fuel planner specific to the MD11 which accounts for wind data. But I find that inputting expected winds into FSBuild or the PMDG FMS will suffice.I'll let you know how the flight went.

My Delta MD-11 is 2 hours from Atlanta. I have flew it from Newcastle. Real world weather made it fun to. I will finish it tonight.