Sign in to follow this  
SMITI07

Where's your MD

I changed my mind and will do a return trip from KSFO to EHAM. Route will be the real life flight by KLM606 (a 777) on Sunday Sept 12:SFO8 SFO SAC J32 FMG KU78M KU90Q KU09U MOT YWG 5300N 09000W 5600N 08000W 5830N 07000W LOPVI 6000N 06000W 6000N 05000W 5900N 04000W 5800N 03000W 5800N 02000W 5800N 01500W GOMUP UN572 TIR UN580 GOW UL602 OTR UL90 DOLAS UL603SFO8 Sid from 28L to Normm-SAC, Lamso1A Star, expecting ILS18C landing.I believe the routes change slightly for different days, accounting for the best winds. The route I posted above was the actual route that day by that KLM flight, and I had noticed the headwinds were manageable. I remember my return flight to KPHL from EGLL on a real life British Airways 767, they had 100 or more knot headwinds during the Atlantic crossing. I will plan ahead by getting the forecast winds from Active Sky Evolution and use TOPCAT and FSBuild to find an appropriate level of fuel for the winds. There will be tailwinds of course for the KSFO to EHAM trip, FSBuild suggesting 88000 kgs fuel, but the PMDG md11 saying its not enough. But I am sure once I input all the actual wind data into the FMC, I should have enough reserves when I arrive. The one thing I wish was available (like there is for the 767 and 747) is a fuel planner specific to the MD11 which accounts for wind data. But I find that inputting expected winds into FSBuild or the PMDG FMS will suffice.I'll let you know how the flight went.
I cant wait! I's still standing is SFO with an autopilot problem :(problem topic: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/296091-autopilot-problem/maybe you know a solution?

Currently under repair, after a hard landing in Geneva.I flew flight SWR23B from KJFK to LSGG, normally operated by an Airbus 330, when on final approach Active Sky Evolution went foobar on me and gave me instant windshifts of 20 kts+ from the front and back. This was confusing the MD11's speed protection logic and caught me off guard after the long flight. I decided to land against my better judgement.The touchdown was fast and hard and the left MLG collapsed, the aircraft veered of the runway to the left and came to a stop in the grass, just a few feet off RWY 05.The passengers evacuated over the slides, while the fire engines raced to the rescue. No casualties other then my peace of mind. Cheers!

Hello everybody!I am currently in KATL and will depart tomorrow as WOA1042 KATL to KPHX in the MD11F.Best regards to you all,Mick.

I changed my mind and will do a return trip from KSFO to EHAM. Route will be the real life flight by KLM606 (a 777) on Sunday Sept 12:SFO8 SFO SAC J32 FMG KU78M KU90Q KU09U MOT YWG 5300N 09000W 5600N 08000W 5830N 07000W LOPVI 6000N 06000W 6000N 05000W 5900N 04000W 5800N 03000W 5800N 02000W 5800N 01500W GOMUP UN572 TIR UN580 GOW UL602 OTR UL90 DOLAS UL603SFO8 Sid from 28L to Normm-SAC, Lamso1A Star, expecting ILS18C landing.I believe the routes change slightly for different days, accounting for the best winds. The route I posted above was the actual route that day by that KLM flight, and I had noticed the headwinds were manageable. I remember my return flight to KPHL from EGLL on a real life British Airways 767, they had 100 or more knot headwinds during the Atlantic crossing. I will plan ahead by getting the forecast winds from Active Sky Evolution and use TOPCAT and FSBuild to find an appropriate level of fuel for the winds. There will be tailwinds of course for the KSFO to EHAM trip, FSBuild suggesting 88000 kgs fuel, but the PMDG md11 saying its not enough. But I am sure once I input all the actual wind data into the FMC, I should have enough reserves when I arrive. The one thing I wish was available (like there is for the 767 and 747) is a fuel planner specific to the MD11 which accounts for wind data. But I find that inputting expected winds into FSBuild or the PMDG FMS will suffice.I'll let you know how the flight went.
hey the 18c runway is called de buitenverlder baan

I finished the KSFO to EHAM flight last week. I also did the ITVV dvd Martinair flights from EHAM to LEPA to EHAM. I have just started EHAM to CYYZ (Toronto), found the flightplan by accident on flightaware for KLM 695BERGI L602 AMGOD UL602 TLA UM132 GILPA UN563 MIMKU PIKIL 5700N 02000W 5900N 03000W 5900N 04000W 5900N 05000W PRAWN YDP J548 YKL GELLS MT YXI J597 I noticed that the NAT track listed on this filed fp is incorrect, it starts at track E (Pikul) and ends on track B (Prawn), which is inconsistent with the official nat tracks for today. So I amended it to read as follows, using TRACK B exclusively:BERGI L602 AMGOD UL602 GOW UN580 ETSOM ERAKA 60/20 61/30 61/40 59/50 PRAWN YDP J548 YKL GELLS MT YXI J597 SID: BERGI3V RWY 36LSTAR: SIMCOE2 RWY 24LI am trying to replicate real world flights currently using the KLM MD11.

I started a flight from KATL to KLAS bout half hour into the flight, bout 50 miles before Little Rock Arkansas things took a turn for the worse, first I had gen 2 fail, then pack 2 shut down,had a hydrolic issue,then screen one which was displaying my pfd kicked offline.Immediate return to ATL, greased a landing on 8R at bout 8.40 pm local time, after bit more than 1 hour in the air.Great fun! :)

Hi folks, I completed the EHAM to CYYZ run. That was one of my most memorable flights ever! I took off from EHAM at 6:29pm, and landed at Toronto 7:54pm. I chased the sun on its westward trajectory for the majority of the flight, a first for me! I'd imagine in RL i'd need the sunglasses and cockpit shades down for almost the entire trip! I have posted some screenshots below. The 2nd shot shows an encounter with a fellow CYYZ arrival on the final approach to ILS24L. TCAS was barking at me right at the FAF, showing traffic gaining on me. Sure enough, a Westjet 737-700 cut right through me like I wasn't even there! Good thing I always have collisions turned off, it would have ruined a perfect long haul experience. He even followed the glideslope perfectly, his fuselage going right through me at the exact same altitude at 3000ft. Anyways, I used Ultimate Traffic 2 "clear approach traffic" to zap him after I snapped the shot, it was a shame because there was traffic ahead of me landing that was spaced perfectly for the approach, that westjet ruined everything :mad:Here are the details for the flight, fp's taken from flightaware.com for the RL KLM695 9/25 flight and using the same weather and times in FSX as my real life counterpart.KLM695 MD-11Saturday 9/25/10Departure time (T/O thrust applied): 16:29zArrival time (wheels touching ground): 23:54Total flight time: 7 hours 25 minutes (7 hours 20 minutes planned, real life flight was 7 hours 26 minutes)Initial Cruise Altitude 34000, s/c to 36000 after oceanic crossing, s/c to 38000 at GELLS waypointRoute:BERGI L602 AMGOD UL602 GOW UN580 ETSOM ERAKA 60/20 61/30 61/40 59/50 PRAWN YDP J548 YKL GELLS MT YXI J597SID: BERGI3V RWY 36LSTAR: SIMCOE2 RWY 24LI hope others attempt this flight using the same time, the flight time is not too long, not too short, and demonstates the beauty of night flying!

Mine is on the cargo ramp at Kansai waiting to to up to New Chitose.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

I finished a flight from Toronto to Amsterdam, found a fellow MD11 from Amsterdam crossing my path right before TOD:

Wow, that's pretty close. I take it he isn't flying at the altitude he should be. Great shot by the way.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest Mik75

After a nice flight into the sunset from LFBO Toulouse Blagnac to EDDM for the VA I'm flying for, my MD11 is parked there. . Unfortunately I had the issue that the TAT went up to 48C at FL370 three times which caused the engines to spool up to max revs, high EGT messages and loss of speed.This happened using ASA doing the weather. I remember having read something about a similar problem some time ago. Could someone give me a hint if this is an ASA or MD11 problem? I never had that before. Thanks in advance & greets,Michael

If you have FSUIPC (Registered) do a "Clear all weather", then do a refresh within ASE. This shouldn't happen if you have a registered FSUIPC and have the weather area set up correctly, but we all know things still happen.*You could also try to ride it out and set your engines to Takeoff thrust. This should help you maintain alt,,, unless the TAT is really high.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest Mik75

Thank you for the fast reply!I have a registered FSUIPC version!And I think everything was setup correctly. That never happened to me before.By the way, I'm still using ASA. Since the upgrade to ASE is for free, could you tell me what are the advantages of ASE over the older version?Thanks and greets,Michael

Hi Michael, Please sign your full name in posts here in this forum, per forum rules, thanks.I think no matter what, every now and then things don't work. I don't know if it gets by ASA or if there is still always data trapped in a saved flight or what the deal is. I too follow the above mentioned procedures to the T, but will on occasion have a problem, even with ASE. My main issue is that sometime ASE's winds will not get sent to FSX no matter what I do. Fortunately it doesn't happen often enough for me to really care much,,, yet :wink:As far as the differences, you want to check there site for that info because I don't remember but when software is newer and had bugs in the old, it's always better to get the new is my way of thinking.

Dan Prunier