Sign in to follow this  
Guest An225

Flying AI planes in FS9

Guest An225

I was wondering if it is possible to fly some of the default AI planes in fs9.I have watched a few videos about adding in panels in order to make them fly but that doesent make sense since you can fly a plane without a panel at all.My plan is this:Copy and paste a plane,copy and replace the plane model for example:copy and paste the dash 8 model file into a copy of the king air folder and replace the models.Take a look at the configuration file and see if there is any information i need to change,or simply rename the dash 8 model file into the king air model file to avoid the hassle.If i am wrong,please tell me,i dont want to try this out yet,because i do not want to mess up my fs9.

Hi,Better to just find a flyable plane that you want to use. There are thousands, here and at other major flight sim sites.

Your planned process looks too complicated to me.First, download Aired- http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=89432Open the .air file in the subject aircraft folder with Aired.Change the value in field 105 from 2 to 0 and save your changes.This will make the default aircraft visible in the Select a Plane window.The default planes do not have panel folders. If you want to use the King Air panel for the Dash 8, copy the panel folder in the King Air folder and paste it in the Dash 8 folder.That's it, you're ready to fly.regards,Joe

• Like 1

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest An225

Thanks for that,i will take a look! ;)

On 9/4/2010 at 6:05 PM, N60JBravo said:

Your planned process looks too complicated to me.First, download Aired- http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=89432Open the .air file in the subject aircraft folder with Aired.Change the value in field 105 from 2 to 0 and save your changes.This will make the default aircraft visible in the Select a Plane window.The default planes do not have panel folders. If you want to use the King Air panel for the Dash 8, copy the panel folder in the King Air folder and paste it in the Dash 8 folder.That's it, you're ready to fly.regards,Joe

Could I manage or do something to make flyable ai land and approach using autopilot?

Trying to fly AI aircraft in the same way as the specially made flyable ones, will sooner or later cause problems of an unpredictable nature and under unexpected circumstances. Even when model, aircraft.cfg and/or AIR files have been replaced/modified, the risk of unexpected problems remains.

Why one would want to fly AI aircraft in the first place, remains a great mystery because if it's only a question of a model base file and paint combination then there are ample to choose from on the different FS sites, including AVSIM.

Hans