Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Anyone else seen this before...?

Hi,Today when doing a short flight in PMDG's J4100 using FS2Crew I all of a sudden noticed I had some kind of counter in the upper left corner of the FSX window (running FSX in windowed mode) in a very bright green colour. Have no idea where it came from or how to get rid of it. Luckily after restarting FSX it seems to be gone but I would still be interested to know what it was showing and where it came from...almost felt like a FPS counter because the numbers matched pretty much what I usually get.Below is a picture, a little bit hard to see since the menu is behind the green numbers but at least you will get an idea what I'm talking about.Anyone else seen this?

Richard Åsberg

Looks like the stuff from framelimiter 0.2 to me. Maybe the fps counter. The font sometimes is broken.

Must be something else because I'm not using any frame limiter. When thinking about it I think I've seen this once before long time ago and I think I found out what is was...just can't remember it now.Well, not a big deal and now it's gone and everything is back to normal but would still be nice to know what it was.

Richard Åsberg

Must be something else because I'm not using any frame limiter. When thinking about it I think I've seen this once before long time ago and I think I found out what is was...just can't remember it now.Well, not a big deal and now it's gone and everything is back to normal but would still be nice to know what it was.
Was not Fraps was it?

Nope, I'm not using FRAPS either. Not sure if it can be a clue but the green counter was always in the upper left corner of the active window so when I for instance opened the FS Video Marshaller window included in the FS2Crew for the J4100 the counter moved from the upper left corner of the FSX main window to the upper left corner of the FS Video Marshaller window.I wonder if the counter could be part of the ENB light mod I'm using maybe... At least it's the same bright green colour. However I'm not aware of any other shortcuts for that mod other than SHIFT-F12 that will enable/disable it.

Richard Åsberg

Nope, I'm not using FRAPS either. Not sure if it can be a clue but the green counter was always in the upper left corner of the active window so when I for instance opened the FS Video Marshaller window included in the FS2Crew for the J4100 the counter moved from the upper left corner of the FSX main window to the upper left corner of the FS Video Marshaller window.I wonder if the counter could be part of the ENB light mod I'm using maybe... At least it's the same bright green colour. However I'm not aware of any other shortcuts for that mod other than SHIFT-F12 that will enable/disable it.
I've seen ENB display a message, like the one in the preview screen. It usually happens when you use the default aircraft(the trike for me), but I've never seen a counter before.

ATI Tray Tools, though that is usually in the upper right?

Hi,Today when doing a short flight in PMDG's J4100 using FS2Crew I all of a sudden noticed I had some kind of counter in the upper left corner of the FSX window (running FSX in windowed mode) in a very bright green colour. Have no idea where it came from or how to get rid of it. Luckily after restarting FSX it seems to be gone but I would still be interested to know what it was showing and where it came from...almost felt like a FPS counter because the numbers matched pretty much what I usually get.Below is a picture, a little bit hard to see since the menu is behind the green numbers but at least you will get an idea what I'm talking about.Anyone else seen this?
Yes, I have seen it before as well while flying the same aircraft coincidentally, however I dont use FS2Crew.In my case I was doing a night flight in a dark room and I couldn't see very well. I accidentally brushed the Num keypad with my right hand reaching for a drink and thats when I got the green FPS counter. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off, so I tried to recreate how I accidentally brushed the key pad and I was able to get it to turn off.Seems that some combination of key storkes on the Num pad turns it on. I am thinking that it has to do with the ENB bloom mod that has some type of a built in frame counter. In fact, in the ENB.ini there is a section under [input] that says KeyShowFPS=106. So I am guessing that either if you press 1,0,6 at the same time it will cause it to pop up, or 106 is a code for another key stroke combination.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for your input guys!Not using ATI Tray Tools using a GTX 480 from Nvidia but that KeyShowFPS in enbseries.ini might be it. I'm sure though I wasn't even close to the num keypad when it happened so I guess it rather is a code for some other key combination like you suggests. Tried googling for what the KeyShowFPS does but couldn't find anything, will do some more digging and try to figure out how it works. Not that important really but like already said it would be nice to know what that green counter really is and how to show/hide it.

Richard Åsberg