Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

Opinions of Captainsim's latest 727 in FS9?

I was looking for a new plane to purchase for fs9, and I had a few questions regarding the latest 1.5 update to Captainsim's 727. There are lots of opinions and reviews on older versions in fs2002, but I wanted to see how the plane is in fs2004. 1) does the flight model have that annoying nose high during cruise and especially during approach which many fs2002 plane conversions have? Most larger commercial jets from fs2002 will pitch up and even stall if you try to approach the outer marker at anything below 200 kts. 2) does the plane take a big framerate hit in fs2004? I have a high end system, so I'm not too worried about it. Thanks in advance for your imput

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I've been practicing some approaches with the 727.... I usually slew 15 miles out and land to test landing configuration. Fully loaded, engines running 75% 150 kts, pitch altitude @ about 5-8 degrees.. it lands beatifully with constant 500-700 fpm descents, I don't even know if these are accurate numbers for the REAL 727 but it seems to behave properly.I've not yet tried it in cruise, but for takeoff and landings it behaves very realistic (in comparison to packages like PIC767 in FS2002 that is) it 'feels' good. However, PIC still rules... it's a shame it won;t work in fs9

Guest Markyboy

I found that in FS2002 the aircraft tended to pitch slightly nose down in the cruise, however there is no such problem with it in FS2004. Frame Rate is no less than it was in 2002 and with a high end system it is a most enjoyable aircraft to look at and to fly.Conclusion: Go Get it!!!Regards,Markyboy.P.S. Nearly forgot the one minus point. Several other users and I (according to the Cpt Sim forum) have lost the checked and set sounds and are also missing various other sounds ie. click sounds for switches etc and the altitute alert warning sound. This is a slight annoyance but as the other sounds such as engines, gear etc still work, it is still well worth getting.

Guest Gliviel

I got it yesterday and been using it since then :-)It`s a must, it`s a old aircraft so i need some pratice to get everything right, but i managed to complete a flight from Kennedy to CYUL and got the ILS but the landing humm don`t think Air Canada would hired me hehe..Didn`t crash just a very hard landing and scratch the wing a bit on the runway :-)GlivielCYUL

I'm still tweaking, but on this system I find that Captsim performs worse than any other high end jet aircraft I've moved into FS2004. P4 2.4Ghz Intel chip 1024MB RAM Nvidia GeForce FX5900 256MB card with latest 45 series drivers. I was getting 8-11 FPS into Simflyers KLAX with most settings at medium yesterday, this is about 5-7 fps less than I get with the PMDG 737 in the same scenario, if you are looking for a relative mark. Frame counter set at 20 and never saw it. I am quite surprised that I can't get better performance on the sim out of this airplane. But then again, I'm quite disappointed in FS2004 in general from a performance standpoint, and like I said, I'm still tweaking. On the upside, all of the stuff I did to upgrade my machine for FS2004 makes FS2002, including the Captsim 727, scream.... Would appreciate more from others on this issue. Haven't checked cruise pitch yet because the slide show I got on takeoff was too discouraging...regards,

Guest Gliviel

I`m really surprise by you`re comment..The Captsim 727 run like a charm on my system: P4 2.0 Ghz 1024MB DDR ram and GeForce TI4200 128MB..I get mostly over 20 + FPS on my system..All slider at half..This 727 surelly run better on my system then the PMDG 737..The PMDG does work pretty well too but in the 12 + FPS..I guess like you said you still have some tweaking to do..Hope you'll find a solution because it's a great add on to FS9.My flight started from Charles de Gaule to Lanarca didn't have a major impact on my frame rate in this major airport. I do mostly my flight from CYUL to JFK or other place in the US and Canada...GlivielCYULDidn't see anything unusual in the cruise pitch myself, was flying at 365 knots and 1%+ bank angle the plane was flying real straight..

Guest sbdwag

I purchased the 727 only yesterday. I am extremely pleased with how it preforms in FS9. It is very smooth and easy on frame rates in all views. I highly recommend itDennis Waggoner

This might seem like a stupid Q..but here goes anyway...Why would anyone buy a third party vendor Aircraft?I can see the rationale..if they sell a Particular aircraft thats not was not provided with MS Flight sim and one would like to fly it. Would there be a particular reason to buy ...say a 737 or a 747? Could the third Party provided Aircraft simulate more realisitically? is that the reason?I am curious.. Cause.. if they do simulate better.. Then I would like to purchase them too..Thanks.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Gliviel

You should go and visit the payware forum, and visit the CaptSim,PMDG,PSS or Dreamfleet web page you see why we buy payware :-)Yes they simulate a lot better, just look at some screenshot and you will be amaze how accurate are the panels :-) I`m sure someone else will add something so i`ll stop here..I never ( except for the learjet and Cessna ) fly anything else then the payware..Gliviel CYULOne of the site to visit : Great 737 there compare the panel, overhead ect to the stock one that come with FS2004..For me FS2004 is only the platform the add-on payware and Freeware are what complete this simulation :-)Here to site to visit and there is many many more :-)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/http://www.captainsim.com/

Thanks Gliviel...I am off to spend some money then... BTW. .where is the Payware forum? (Let me search for it as well).

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, those of you who know me, know that I have been fooling around with the CS727 since its beginning, with all the trials and tribulations which that implies.Now, although I haven't gotten 2004 to perform like I want, (read that: 'I need a 3.2 P4 and more ram, ), I downloaded the newest offering.Now, it did take three times to install it, first getting a write error, then not getting all the German sounds, but the third time was the charm, and I am impressed. Alex and company have done an outstanding job as this aircraft now flies like it should, no nose down on approach, and EVERYTHING works.Hats off to CS and group . . . when 2004 gets the horsepower it needs, this will be the best aircraft to fly . . . in my humble opinion.Also, lets not forget that I haven't hesitated in the past to let Alex and CS know when they have screwed up . . . but this is a fine bit of work and I am most pleased.Best to all,Clayton T.Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest cw1011

Did you really drive the BUFF?

Guest B52Drivr

Yep, 68-72 202 missions into Southeast Asia.Andersen AFB, Guam. Best regards,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com