Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cessna162

Squawk Standby?

Guest Cessna162

Hi, just wanted to ask from my recent flight on Vatsim, when I was given clearence to WMKK, the controller asked me 'squawk standby please," I brought my radio stack up, and it was on STDBY, is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?ThanksImmanuel

Not sure about VATSIM since I didn't use that for some time, but on IVAO you have to set squawk standby in IVAP (IVAO's pilot software). So, check in FSinn/Squawkbox.Dion Mollert

Guest Cessna162
Not sure about VATSIM since I didn't use that for some time, but on IVAO you have to set squawk standby in IVAP (IVAO's pilot software). So, check in FSinn/Squawkbox.Dion Mollert
So, is it Vatsim error?

Not sure if I'm right. And, error is a big word. The IVAO software doesn't always read the transponder mode button from the sim. In most aircraft you have to set the transponder active/standby manually in the IVAO software. Maybe that's the case with VATSIM software too. So see if there is any button of menu where you can switch on/off your transponder. I believe squawkbox has a little black square with the standby, on and ident button. But not sure, i didn't use Vatsim for a long time.Dion Mollert

Alright, Vatsim gives you two choices of software, Squawk Box (Squirtbox) , or FSInn. I mainly use Squawkbox since it is easier to use, and faster to set up. When they tell you to Squawk stanby, you can either use that little box. That is the nly way you can do it, unless there is a shortcut thing to it like the Ident button. Hope this helps.

Guest Cessna162
Alright, Vatsim gives you two choices of software, Squawk Box (Squirtbox) , or FSInn. I mainly use Squawkbox since it is easier to use, and faster to set up. When they tell you to Squawk stanby, you can either use that little box. That is the nly way you can do it, unless there is a shortcut thing to it like the Ident button. Hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for the reply, I use FSInn though.. I'll try using Squawkbox and see if the controller doesn't say anything. :)CheersImmanuel