Sign in to follow this  
rlj

Radar Contact Keyboard Commands

I've just installed radar contact with 747/400 and fscrew. I've followed the recommended startup sequence but the command keystrokes just toggle the cockpit view. I obviosly have a conflict but I don't know where. Any suggestions?

Are using the default Radar Contact key strokes CTRL/SHIFT commands. If so go through your other programs and see if you find a match. Depending on what you find, you can always change the RC commands to a simple number.Bob

I've just installed radar contact with 747/400 and fscrew. I've followed the recommended startup sequence but the command keystrokes just toggle the cockpit view. I obviosly have a conflict but I don't know where. Any suggestions?
is fs running, not at the fly now screen, or the flight planner window, or on the select a plane window, but running, plane at the gate, clock ticking on the panelbeforeyou click the start rc button?is there another app that is stealing the rc key codes? try changing the rc key codes to ctrl-shift-1, ctrl-shift-2, etcjd

Thanks for the response.I started with the default settings (1/2) the tried the the ctrl/shift with the same result. I'm stating to believe that the problem is a conflict with the FSX/PMDG keys because I'm having difficulty with Fscrew as well (see below). I think flying will be a breeze compared to getting the setups correct.I've just recently purchased and installed and am having good outcomes until the point of taxiing the aircraft. The controls appear fine but the plane pulls hard left during taxi and is impossible to keep on the runway during takeoff. I suspect a left brake is some how getting set by one of the red/green keystrokes but can't be sure. I've tied taking off with fscrew installed from a hot start on the active runway without activating any fscrew actions and everything works fine.

Thanks for the response.I started with the default settings (1/2) the tried the the ctrl/shift with the same result. I'm stating to believe that the problem is a conflict with the FSX/PMDG keys because I'm having difficulty with Fscrew as well (see below). I think flying will be a breeze compared to getting the setups correct.I've just recently purchased and installed and am having good outcomes until the point of taxiing the aircraft. The controls appear fine but the plane pulls hard left during taxi and is impossible to keep on the runway during takeoff. I suspect a left brake is some how getting set by one of the red/green keystrokes but can't be sure. I've tied taking off with fscrew installed from a hot start on the active runway without activating any fscrew actions and everything works fine.
you know you have to restart fs, and restart rc, after you make keyboard assignment changes, right?send me a log, showing you pressing keys, and nothing happeningi'm assuming you have the latest fsuipc installed?jd