Sign in to follow this  
Guest N247BK

Eyepoint Question

Guest Marty1

Is there a way to have multiple eyepoints. I like to sit up front for takeoff and landing, then slide on back and look out over the wing when I'm in the cruise. I know about Activecamera, but $15 just to move the eyepoint is to much. Another question, can I extend the distance of the eyepoint slew. If no one knows I guess I'll have to get the credit card out.

I don't have the edits, but you can set up your panel.cfg so your left/right view is over the wing, and your forward view in the cockpit. Try to do a search on "view" and "panel.cfg", and you may find some posts on the subject that will help you get set up. If you want to do this on an aircraft slaved to a default panel, you'll have to copy that default panel and it's bmps into the aircraft's own panel folder...otherwise any change you'd make would apply to all aircraft using the default panel. That'd be an issue if the same panel were used for aircraft of different sizes...-JohnEdit: I found an example of setting up views in a recent post on the Ariane model. Here's the section pertaining to the cockpit views. You could use this as a "guide" for setting up your viewpoints for each aircraft:Fixed Window30=UpFixed Window31=Forward RightFixed Window32=RightFixed Window33=Rear RightFixed Window34=RearFixed Window35=Rear LeftFixed Window36=LeftFixed Window37=Forward LeftVIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL, 50, 70, 80, 90VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.0,0.0,0.0 //Changed from defaultVIEW_UP_WINDOWS=30VIEW_UP_DIR=340.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=33VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=34VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=36VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=37VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=39 // RIGHT WING VIEWVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 90//VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_EYE=0.0, -1.38,-12.57 // Adjust last value to move fore and aftVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_EYE=0.0, -0.70,-17.87 VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=40 // LEFT WING VIEWVIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 270//VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_EYE=0.0, -1.33, -12.73 // Adjust last value to move fore and aftVIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_EYE=0.0, -0.70, -18.03 VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=41 // SEAT VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_DIR=7.0, 0.0, 240//VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_EYE=0.0, -1.28, -14.27 // Adjust last value to move fore and aft VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_EYE=0.0, -0.70, -6.67 VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=42 // SEAT VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIR=7.0, 0.0, 120//VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=0.0, -1.28, -14.27 // Adjust last value to move fore and aft VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=0.0, -0.70, -6.67

Guest Marty1

Thank you John I'll have a go right now.

Guest N247BK

Try placing the following in the panel.cfg (aircraft of your choice).This worked in FS2K2, and I'm certain it will in '04.You can raise of lower the first value to suit your seat height preference.[Views]VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.5, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_UP_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.0 <<<<------- works with [shift][keypad-5]