Sign in to follow this  
Guest cast1010

vfr

Guest slydon

I thought we were supposed to be able to fly low altitude vfr by following railroad tracks in 2004. I haven't seen a railroad track yet so must be I was mistaken. Has anyone seen one? Don

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

The VFR traffic flow into oshkosh uses the rr tracks at Fisk and they are in FS2004!Change the "27" to "9" in you mind to correct my error on runways at osh. ;-)http://mtco.com/~rsam/osh.jpg

They are railroads around my home town. They even included a line to another town that has been ripped up for many years. It would be hard to tell from a sat. pic if you didn't know. It does look like it is still there, but it is just the elevation on the land that it was on... that is all that is left.

Guest cast1010

I've flown several VFR flights using FS2004 with complete success, most of them around Winnipeg, Canada and others around Venezuela. All of them using real world VNC maps for those areas.Major roads are pretty well depicted, some minor roads are there as well. Railroads are also very accurate and a lot of power lines can be seen perfectly. Another feature well depicted in FS2004 are the antennas, even though some of them are missing.The only things I think need more attention are small towns, some rivers and irrigation ditches, most of them are not included and they are essentials for VFR flying IMO.Carlos.