Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

ATI, SB Audigy2, FS9, ATC Stutters

Guest dfreed

Hey All,Although I'm generally pleased with my ATI's image quality in FS9, every time ATC talks on the radios I get a stutter. Sometimes it's a little "hic-up", sometimes it's a major stutter. It's driving me nuts. I've tried new drivers for both the sound and video. I've turned the hardware excelleration up and down trying every combination possible. I have numerous other games (including FS2002) and multi-media applications installed. None of them have ever had this problem. Anybody else having these problems?WinXP HomeP4 2.81024Mb RDRAMATI 9700 Pro 128MbAudigy 2Later, Dave

I have a 9700 Pro and an Audigy2 and I don't get any of the problems described. I am using the latest drivers for the Audigy2 and the latest Omega drivers based off Catalyst 3.6.I suggest you download the latest Audigy2 and Radeon 9700 Pro Catalyst drivers if you haven't already.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Bigshot

In the Fsim settings there's a option for sound. My Audigy1 defaulted to low. I turned to to high. Have you checked that setting?

Make sure you set DirectX sound acceleration down to Basic if you are having these troubles. Maybe reinstall DirectX as well first. You SHOULD NOT be having this problem.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest dfreed

>Make sure you set DirectX sound acceleration down to Basic if>you are having these troubles. Maybe reinstall DirectX as>well first. You SHOULD NOT be having this problem.>>NoelUnfortunately, reinstalling DirectX didn't do it either. What's wierd about this is it's radio calls to the AI aircraft that are causing the problem. When ATC is talking to me it's okay. For me that's bad because I'm a major AI junkie. Looks like I'll be clinging to '02 for awhile 'til I figure this out. ANyway thanks for the help.

Guest dfreed

>Hi Dave,>>Anybody else having these problems?>>I had something similar to what you're describing and>downloading the latest SoundBlaster drivers fixed it.>>Hope this helps!>>Mike>>>http://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpgMike,Been there, done that, no joy. Thanks anyway.

Guest dfreed

>I have a 9700 Pro and an Audigy2 and I don't get any of the>problems described. I am using the latest drivers for the>Audigy2 and the latest Omega drivers based off Catalyst 3.6.>>I suggest you download the latest Audigy2 and Radeon 9700 Pro>Catalyst drivers if you haven't already.I've tried it with the CAT 3.6 then the Omegas with no luck. The Audigy drivers are up to date. I made sure all my drivers were current when I installed FS9. Thanks.

If it happens when ATC talks to other planes but not when ATC calls you, it's likely NOT a videocard or soundcard related problem.Have you installed any AI addons or similar that may not be 100% compatbile with FS2004?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Panman

I don't get this problem either here, nothuing but silky smooth.Very strange.

Guest RSmith

Very slight "echo" here, but random, not on ATC communications to me, just general FS ATC chatter to others.ATI Cat3.6, SBAudigy 5.12.1.383, Intel chipset 5.1.2600.0. 9700Pro128, on ASUS P4PE.Haven't reduced to "basic", but trying "standard" this AM - was on max - full right slider acceleration.FYI - I ran into this with FS8 and went full review with both MS & SB, to no solution. Not preventing enjoyment of sim - but - I am able to hear a slight echo on about 15-20% of ATC .wavs.

ALong with all the other useful (or otherwise replies) have you made sure your sound card is not in the PCI slot next to the AGP slot?If it is there move it to a different slot as it is sharing the IRQ with the graphics card.I know things these days are supposed to be able to share IRQs but not all setups know this :-)Rgds