Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Increased MS multi monitor support for 2004? My eye !

What a crock! Another outright MS lie. Still cannot undock successfully in full screen mode without undocked pieces from windowed mode flying back into the primary monitor and being hidden. The GPS might remain on a secondary monitor in full screen, but it cannot be moved then.I am not going to the AVSIM conference because of schedule conflicts but if I were, I'd take this issue to any MS representatives there and ask them what they plan to do about this because at this rate, I am going to keep FS2002 and give up 2004 much though I think 2004 is a vast visual improvement over 2002.JS

Guest jason2112

So I'm not the only one who is deeply disappointed with the multi-monitor support? It's a shame, because radio panels and GPS on a second monitor really enhance the flying experience. This is an issue that really would deserve a patch. Hear that, MS?Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

Guest ozhero

I agree !They have totally stuffed up on this one.It worked perfectly in FS2002 so I can't understand why they have changed it!

Guest sb55mv

>>What a crock! Another outright MS lie. Still cannot undock>successfully in full screen mode without undocked pieces from>windowed mode flying back into the primary monitor and being>hidden. The GPS might remain on a secondary monitor in full>screen, but it cannot be moved then.>>I am not going to the AVSIM conference because of schedule>conflicts but if I were, I'd take this issue to any MS>representatives there and ask them what they plan to do about>this because at this rate, I am going to keep FS2002 and give>up 2004 much though I think 2004 is a vast visual improvement>over 2002.>>JSHear Hear JS,I don't actualy understand how they can get away with this, isn't this ''missrepresentation'' or ''false advertising'' at the very least, what about the old saying that a product should be fit for purpose and do exactly what the manufacturers say it should do. does anyone have a way or address to contact the FS people, not the main MS site, it's like a minefield and no one ever replies to you anyway, but I do feel strongly about this one myself as I too have been using multi-monitors for years now and was looking forward to this newer version as well as you people, perhaps Microshaft may be pressured into doing something about this,but I won't be holding my breath,my lungs arent baloons.their attitude seems to be one of....once we've had you're money you can get stuffed,Steve,

Guest lbb

Hi guys,I usually don't like strong language on internet forums, but I'm afraid I have to agree on this one. I'm VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED by the way undocking works in FS2004. I could even learn to live with the fact that you can only undock in windowed mode if the work-around offered a stable solution. But no, one "wrong" move and some or all are back on you main monitor. This simply is NO FUN.SHAME on MSFS!!!Leo Bakker

Guest ScottPilot

Strange...Yes, I agree that it is a pain that you have to go to windowed mode to undock the GPS and radios to move them to the 2nd monitor, but mine do stay on the 2nd monitor after placing them there and going back to full screen mode.I can also move them around on the 2nd monitor and re-size them on the 2nd monitor, while in full screen mode.So I am wondering why you are unable to do so?However, I have to agree that I like the way FS2002 does it better.Scott

Scott:I have no idea why I cannot do anything at all on the secondary monitor in full screen mode. Maybe because I have a single Ti-4600 card with dual monitor support? I don't know. Anyway the one thing we do know is that every PC runs differently so one cannot generalize. I am among a group of folks who cannot successfully undock in full screen mode. It is simply greyed out. I can undock in windows mode but when I hit full screen mode, the stuff on the secondary monitor vanishes. The GPS screen remains on the second monitor, oddly, but it is non functional and cannot be operated or moved at all.I dunno....JS

Guest ozhero

When I set up my undocked windows on my 2 additional monitors in "windowed" mode (which is the only way you can undock the windows as undock is greyed out in full screen mode) and then switch to full screen mode I have to move all the windows around again and resize some of them to make them fit properly.When I switch back to "windowed" mode all the undocked windows come back onto the primary monitor.I am running a 21" monitor at a much higher resolution than my 2x 17" monitors. The 17" monitors also seem to do some sort of switching when I switch the 21" primary monitor into full screen mode.None of this used to happen in FS2002 and it is a MAJOR pain this is ocurring in FS2004.

Paul:Ditto for me.It is immensely annoying.I wish somebody at MS would listen to this stuff or post that they are aware of this issue and working on it.JS

I have no problem with the multiple monitor setup. The only problem I noticed is that the view on the 2nd monitor is a virtual cockpit view with no panel. When I kick it to full screen, it stays on the 2nd monitor. My framerate takes about a 40% hit, from 25 to 16. But when I move the sliders back & turn off autogen, they go back up to about 20. I have an Athalon 1100, 512M ram, Ti4200. I ran the 2nd monitor off the DVI video output. I don't use the 2nd monitor as it takes up too much room.Jim

Hi, It is possible to get it all to work properly and stay that way. See my post at 135922 & amendment as reply 136217. I now have all the stock aircraft saved with their window positions. If I do happen across the situation where the extra windows appear on monitor 1 with Windowed mode then an "undocking" automatically sends them to monitor 2. Microsoft have to fix this "remembering" problem but the work around I use and posted becomes second nature and once you have the aircraft set up and saved with window positions it works similar to FS2002.YellowjackNSW, Oz

Thanks, Yellowjack. I'd seen the posts, but I'll re-visit them now.JS

Guest ScottPilot

Hmmm....I have a lowly Geforce 4MX 440 64MB card with two 17" monitors attached to it. I am running the Nvidia 45.23 drivers with the sim at ABOVENORMAL priority.The MX card has two VGA connectors on it. Does the Ti-4600 have one VGA and DVI (I think thats right) connector?Maybe that has something to do with it, who knows.Let's hope the multi-monitor issues get worked out for everyone over time.Good luck..Scott

Guest lbb

What I don't understand is that it worked perfectly in FS2002 and so how come they managed to goof up big time for FS2004?Since MS hardly ever listens to customer complaints I doubt very much they're going to do something about it. It will probably be one of the selling features of FS2006 to get something back that we had all along before FS2004.Leo Bakker

Guest flightpro08

Yeah, I thought it was pretty ironic, too. Does anyone know what Microsoft means by this so-called "improved multi-monitor support"?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)Help Fight Cancer! www.ud.comhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 44.03 Drivers)1GB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!