Sign in to follow this  
Babu

Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 Purchase.

Hello,1. Purchased Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 got three installation files in the email(Base pack, Airline Pack, and the Manual).2.Installed the files in FSX, started FSX with the default 737, switched to Ariane 737-700ER no landing gear and panel lights showing up (okay you have to activate the software) after reading and following the steps in the manual how to activate your copy of the software wait while you get your activation key through email within 48 hours or so.Switch back to default 737, FSX crashed with fatal error. Restarted FSX with default737 switched back to Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 without touching any controls, and decided to closed FSX, FSX closed with fatal error.3. Got activation key through email, restarted FSX and inserted in the activation key according to instructions in the manual,okay the 737-700ER X2.5 finally showed up with landing gears and panel lights. Decided to switch back to default 737, FSX crashed with fatal error. Restarted FSX with default 737 and switched back to Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 did a short flight without switching planes within FSX, decided to close FSX, FSX again crashed with fatal error.4.Reformatted harddrive and reinstalled windows 7 64 bit with virgin copy of FSX deluxe and Acceleration Pack, and of course nothing else to make sure no other software is causing any problems with Ariane 737-700ER X2.5, and then reinstalled Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 back again, step#2 in the post was repeated again and no change.5.Sent an email to Ariane for a re-activation request no response from Ariane 737-700ER X2.5 software company.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Hello,I got a response from Ariane only a few minutes back about a earlier support request I made to them about this issue regarding their 737-700ER X2.5.installations.According to their response, I have to wait addtionall 3-5 business days just to see what is causing the install problems with their 737-700ER X2.5.,let alone the new re-activation request already submitted to them (No response on that yet).Thanking You,Best regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Doesn't anyone read previous posts about this mob???

David Porrett

David, There are times for things to be said but this time is not.I think if you having nothing good to say keep the trapdoor SHUT. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

David, There are times for things to be said but this time is not.I think if you having nothing good to say keep the trapdoor SHUT. JeffG
And you are the new forum policeman, I gather? Whilst David's post may not have been incredibly helpful, it was, IMHO, pretty accurate. Bit of manners mightn't go astray either.Cheers, SLuggy

Sluggy, I am not sorry for what I said and I am not the forum police.I own Ariane products along with PMDG , Aerosoft and Captain Sim and all of these have had problems but they get worked out and I have no problems with the Ariane 737.I get mad because we all have our opinion of products but we do not have call Ariane "This Mob".I think if David has a problem with the Ariane 737 go to their forum and try and get answers but we don't even know if he owns the product as he did not say. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Jeff,If you direct me to their forums, then I wonder why the OP isn't posting his problems there as I don't really see the point of the post - is it to tell everyone about the problem, warn everyone, ask for help or what?FYI I have had products from this company before, probably a long time before you were old enough to use a computer. In fact where I come from "mob" is local vernacular for a grouping of people - my apologies only for using a country-specific term that others may not be familiar with, however the sentiment remains the same.

I get mad because we all have our opinion
Like you, I am entitled to my opinion (which in fact I haven't really expressed, and won't in the name of forum civility), so grow up a little and stop the tantrums. OK?David

David Porrett

David, I just expressed my opinion as there is too much negative remarks about different aircraft software companies on the forums,not just Ariane.Here is the website http://ariane.havetofly.com/.FYI I am 56 yr old have been doing flight sims since 1989. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Definition of insanity, "Performing the same dysfunctional behavior, And expecting different results" . It's amazing how new customers of of a certain company try to re write history. Those of us that have been around these forums for a while, do not forget.And I will be quiet,And "Keep My Mouth Shut" When that company reduces the price of It's 737 by 75%, and improves its business policy's toward customers.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Wow, this got off topic quick. Actually, it was the OP that made the mistake. There are some other add-on aircraft that will crash FSX upon exit. It has nothing to do with your FSX setup, there's no virus, just the way some add-ons are. Re-formatting the hard drive won't fix the problem, it only created another problem, waiting for another acivation key. The OP could have gone to the forums and been told that there's no reason to re-format by other users. Once he gets his new activation key, the aircraft is going to crash FSX even with a clean install upon exit.Yes people are entitled to their opinions, but I don't think that those opinions were warranted here. Ariane did nothing wrong in this instance.

Hello,Every fourms have their own rules, I read somewhere on Ariane fourms, and according to that, they do not allow the buyers to request installation files through their fourms, all request must go through their software support section.If a complete set of installation files were even emailed to me at the time of purchase,how a buyer is suppose to know if three,four or five set of files will give a correct and complete installation or simply two set of files will complete everything required for a flawless installation.Even installer with defect were emailed?, which maybe causing the fatal error crash on a virgin installation of windows 7 and FSX.Thanking You,Best regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

The installer has nothing to do with your crash, your installer is fine. If and when you get new install files, you are still going to get crashes when you exit FSX or try to switch to another airplane from the ER. FSX is a buggy program in itself and sometimes it doesn't agree with other add ons and it will simply crash itself. I promise you, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your installer.

Hello,I am reading something new in here regarding FSX itself, I was not even aware of FSX being buggy in itself, the way it interacts with other software addons.(I have not brought any other single software addon that would crash my copy of FSX on exit or on start except Ariane 737-700ER, even their 737-900X dosent act this way). At least the FSX software developers should inform their would be potential coustomers to know this before hand, that their software is going to crash FSX upon exit or switching through diffrent FSX aircraft,and that this should be expected from their software as it is normal.It would be easy for any coustomers to make a informed decision to buy and live with these addons as is, if they so desire, or simply not to buy at all, rather then later they come to know and realize that it would crash their copy of FSX and it was not what they were looking for.Thanking you,Best regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Microsoft in all it's genius fired the ACES team which developed FSX years ago. That's why there have been no patches or updates to fix the short comings.Microsoft in all it's genius fired the ACES team which developed FSX years ago. That's why there have been no patches or updates to fix the short comings.

Microsoft in all it's genius fired the ACES team which developed FSX years ago. That's why there have been no patches or updates to fix the short comings.
Besides SP1 and 2, you're 100% correct. Cheers, SLuggy