Sign in to follow this  
Guest chickenwings

MS Flight A Browser Based Casual Game?!

Guest chickenwings

Not sure if you guys have caught wind of this yet, but browsing through some of these Microsoft Flight threads, it looks like maybe not.I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Microsoft Flight is apparently being developed as a "browser based casual game".MS flight Browser Based You may want to have a barf bag handy while reading this.Ms flight is also described on several occasions in the article as a "social game"

Oh well, so much for that. Might have to look into that there FSX Booster that just got released and hunker down.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest jasonb67

I'm pretty sure that isn't conclusive, and just a poorly worded and inaccurate article.New Age of Empires is going to be browser based.MS Flight hasn't had any further details released.A browser based flight sim must be the most pointless concept ever. Im virtually certain it won't be.

Guest negerjet

A browser flightsim, i have never heard anything more stupid "sigh", good luck with that MS. Oh well back to FSX.

I almost choked on that word..."browser" LOLLooked a little into this rumor. Could not find anything to dispute this about MS Flight, however, I did find this http://www.robotentertainment.com/forum/topic/Clearing-some-confusion-and-misconceptions-while-respecting-NDA concerning Age Of Empires. Don't know who this guy is, possibly a beta tester, but he is saying AOE is "not" browser based. As this game and Flight are both mentioned in a Gamespy article as "browser based and casual" maybe his words applies to both?? Lets hope the same applies to FLight. Larry

:( Lol, I’m convinced this blogger doesn’t even know what he’s written. A 'browser game' is a very specific type of game - like FarmVille and MafiaWars.Mostly they are still 2D - and usually FREE.The bleeding edge of browser games has advanced to maybe the level of FS95 – maybe...mind you the world would have to be only one city.Unless you’ve got a wicked internet connection (not mine)...this strategy for AOE/Flight isn’t even a conversation.It’s sort of like saying for 2011 GM will equip the entire lineup with levitation technology. :( He’s apparently confused...or didn’t think it was necessary to backup such an extraordinary claim with at least some reference.I guess we’ll see :)

I feel that blogger has no idea what he's talking about and it's not true that this is browser based. He just called it browser-based. Unless he says he has a inside source stating it's browser based, this is pegged untrue by me. Big%20Grin.gif

Brandon Filer

I feel that blogger has no idea what he's talking about and it's not true that this is browser based. He just called it browser-based. Unless he says he has a inside source stating it's browser based, this is pegged untrue by me. Big%20Grin.gif
As will anyone who has even a rudimentary clue about that of which he is speaking... It's complete rubbish!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OMG! it may well be browser based AND dumbed down. Let's not forget the popularity of THIS :(

OMG! it may well be browser based AND dumbed down. Let's not forget the popularity of THIS :(
Flight is NOT going to be browser based!!!!

Brandon Filer

A 'browser game' is a very specific type of game - like FarmVille and MafiaWars.Mostly they are still 2D - and usually FREE.The bleeding edge of browser games has advanced to maybe the level of FS95 – maybe...mind you the world would have to be only one city.
You might want to look at something like Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online. It features full-screen 3D graphics in a browser, so a browser-based flight sim is certainly possible, though one does wonder what compromises might be necessary to pull off such a thing.

Who really cares, with the recent release of the latest Outerra video, I reckon our simming futures are going to be well catered for.Micro who?

Who really cares, with the recent release of the latest Outerra video, I reckon our simming futures are going to be well catered for.Micro who?
Outerra is selling an engine. The flight sim demo was simply to show what's possible with the engine and isn't evidence that they have a robust flight simulator in the works. In fact, having watched the demo I have my suspicions that it was mostly "canned" and wasn't actually simulating flight the way a simulator would.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.