Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehow

sky colors

Guest Eurosky

hey I was interested if someway knows how to get the sky seen in the pic. My friend Chris posted this and I asked him, we tried same place, time ,season and wheater but no luck. I get a totally different sky. than I tried installed FSSW and the fix but still no luck. So does anyone know why? is it a specific setting or something? Thanx for the help http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/31991.jpg

I saw this specific sky color only once, while flying around the northern California coast at dusk. Sorry I don't remember the exact place or date, but I get the feeling that doesn't matter.One time I saved a flight situation for benchmarking purposes (because I was going to load the sim again with different video card settings) and I wanted every variable to be exactly the same so I could exactly how much my frame rates improved/decreased after changing the setting. To my surprise, the sky color was a different shade of blue when I reloaded the situation.Therefore I am lead to believe that the sky color is random for the most part, or maybe the sim randomly selects the sky color from a specific few depending on the weather conditions and time. My best advice would be to just keep trying, and keep an eye out for all these wonderful sky variations :-).-Derek

Guest stevehow

hiyou can get it by going to..select flightshort flight(kiosk)san fransisco sunset.its setup already ,so you can place your self on the ground(this flight starts in the air)and save it...the sky looks like your friends picture. best wishes steveps not sure what the time of day etc ..is,but worth checking ,and trying to get the same effect in a different area.