Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max Cowgill

RAM for FS2004 performance

hey guysok i have currently 256DDR MB RAMi want to add 512DDR mb ram...how mutchis the performance going to increase??let me knowcheers

Guest Max Cowgill

You need to post more info if you want an answer to your question. Just saying how much ram you have isn't nearly enough information. We need to know CPU speed, video card, mobo, ram speed, OS, drivers, settings used for FS, HD speed, & sound card. What I can tell you with the information provided is that programs will open and close faster, and FPS in FS should stabilize (not necessarily increase, but they should stay closer to your peak FPS). Some of have also said that they've noticed textures load faster in FS.-Max Cowgill

hey guysyeh sorry bout that...thought that just having more RAM will increase FPS...anyways here are my specsp.4 2.26mhz256DDR ram (266) want to make it---> 768DDR RAM (266)Inno3d GeForce 4 ti4200 20gigumm creative sound card...haha dont know mutch about it.FS2004 settings, windows XPclouds all maxautogen. and buidlings maxtexture size mediumhope this helpscheers...

Guest Max Cowgill

What kind of FPS are you getting currently? Like I said before, your FPS should stabilize, staying around the mid to peak FPS much more often, with fewer dips toward the bottom FPS range. Gaining FPS by adding RAM is very rare, you may gain 1 or 2 FPS, anything more than that and I'd be surprised. -Max Cowgill

Guest allcott

Creative sound card = problems.Update sound card drivers.Allcott

i get about hmm wel it differs since it depends which part of world time etc im flying but approch 20fps in sky about 30...where get the updates? hmm i havent been getting any problems with it...what problems are there or did u get?

Guest Max Cowgill

>Creative sound card = problems.>>Update sound card drivers.>>>AllcottWrong. Some older Soundblaster Live cards had problems with older Via motherboards. This does not mean "Creative sound card = problems." Please get your facts straight before making such a broad statement. -Max Cowgill

Guest Max Cowgill

>i get about hmm wel it differs since it depends which part of>world time etc im flying but approch 20fps in sky about 30...>>where get the updates? hmm i havent been getting any problems>with it...what problems are there or did u get?You probably won't see an increase in FPS more than 1-2 as I said before. I would've said you'd see a bigger increase in FPS if you were reporting like 10-15 FPS without having all settings maxed and stressing your system, but since you're getting 20-30 I doubt you'll see much of an increase. If you want to increase your FPS, get a faster CPU/mobo/video card. Get more ram if you want to stabilize FPS and have faster load times.-Max Cowgill